VW Jetta: 1.8T vs lexus is 300|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.8T vs lexus is 300

Senior Member richy_13 is on a distinguished road richy_13's Avatar

Default 1.8T vs lexus is 300

just wondering my bro owns a 2001 lexus IS 300(automatic) same year as my Jetta wolfsburg 1.8T and he be always messin around callin my whip slow haha so any figures peace out thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member The97Sleeper is on a distinguished road The97Sleeper's Avatar

Default Re: 1.8T vs lexus is 300

Go to google search VW wolfsburg !.8T specs, then the same for the lexus. then you'll find out.
    --Alex

Personal Build Thread

http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/show...read-4807.html

Quote Originally Posted by darksidedub View Post
    newborn initiation....keg stand.

I heard some of the IS300s come with the Supra engines lol I'm sorry but I really wouldn't expect my dub to keep up with one. Just my $0.02 but this is a good question I would like an answer to.

G&M Performance canucme3 is on a distinguished road canucme3's Avatar

What do you have done to your jetta?
    The lexus comes stock with 215hp and 218ft-lbs.
    With just a chip your at 215 hp and 247ft-lbs.
    If its stock the lexus destroys you.
    If you have a chip and you going from a roll you'll probably beat him. From a dig I think I beats you just because of the rwd advantage, but it would still be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob4Life View Post
    I heard some of the IS300s come with the Supra engines lol I'm sorry but I really wouldn't expect my dub to keep up with one. Just my $0.02 but this is a good question I would like an answer to.
    oh wat dats sik well i dnt really know if my bros engine has the supra engine cuz i havent seen one but yea coo to know

Quote Originally Posted by canucme3 View Post
    What do you have done to your jetta?
    The lexus comes stock with 215hp and 218ft-lbs.
    With just a chip your at 215 hp and 247ft-lbs.
    If its stock the lexus destroys you.
    If you have a chip and you going from a roll you'll probably beat him. From a dig I think I beats you just because of the rwd advantage, but it would still be close.
    well i dnt really know imm a newbie here chek out my whip its titled "new junkie" in the intro section for a fact i know i got a nagnaflow exhaust wich is good but no reall power added to it

id like to know where the performance chips are located think u can help??

Go to the MKIV sections and read the stickys there, Boost made a nice write up on performance mods and what's good and so fourth I'd check that out.

Go to the MKIV sections and read the stickys there, Boost made a nice write up on performance mods and what's good and so fourth I'd check that out.
    oh ok thanx if u wanna chek out my jetta its in the intro section titled "new jukie" some tipps would be nice to make it look even betta haha

Senior Member JDM_GUY is on a distinguished road JDM_GUY's Avatar

this is correct. all 300 series lexus has a 2JZ motor that shares the same with the MK4 Supra. some are even modded up to have a 2JZTTE or 2JZTE that can be reached to 800+ HP. the 2JZ is not to be messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM_GUY View Post
    this is correct. all 300 series lexus has a 2JZ motor that shares the same with the MK4 Supra. some are even modded up to have a 2JZTTE or 2JZTE that can be reached to 800+ HP. the 2JZ is not to be messed with.
    dam thats some some good info to know thanx

Jetta Junkie Moderator TurboJettaBoy02 has disabled reputation TurboJettaBoy02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richy_13 View Post
    oh wat dats sik well i dnt really know if my bros engine has the supra engine cuz i havent seen one but yea coo to know
    hey man, can i ask a favor? try typing alil better for us to read lol. we all do shortcuts on here, but i gotta read urs twice to understand it all lol. thx man.

Stunt Status slowjet1.8 is on a distinguished road slowjet1.8's Avatar

^x2

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJettaBoy02 View Post
    hey man, can i ask a favor? try typing alil better for us to read lol. we all do shortcuts on here, but i gotta read urs twice to understand it all lol. thx man.
    haha ok, dam I have never been so criticized about my way of talking

try putting a stage 1 150 NOS direct port shot to see if the lexus can be beaten by your car ^_^

Jetta Junkie Moderator TurboJettaBoy02 has disabled reputation TurboJettaBoy02's Avatar

haha ok, dam I have never been so criticized about my way of talking
    no lol, its not what you're typing...its how lol.

try putting a stage 1 150 NOS direct port shot to see if the lexus can be beaten by your car ^_^
    haha good idea

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJettaBoy02 View Post
    no lol, its not what you're typing...its how lol.
    ok ok same thing haha

just look up the car specs for both cars.
    www.eurosociety.webs.com - Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche forums.

rollin deep bikerkid9069 is on a distinguished road bikerkid9069's Avatar

i love dubs and all.. but if an is300 came in a 6 speed. that would be what i owned... tis a shame they are auto.
    sick of seeing corvette rims on mk4's

Quote Originally Posted by bikerkid9069 View Post
    i love dubs and all.. but if an is300 came in a 6 speed. that would be what i owned... tis a shame they are auto.
    they are auto, but idk what its called but you can also shift with some buttons on back of the steering wheel

Stunt Status slowjet1.8 is on a distinguished road slowjet1.8's Avatar

ive beaten an is 300 before. They are not that quick.

rollin deep bikerkid9069 is on a distinguished road bikerkid9069's Avatar

they are auto, but idk what its called but you can also shift with some buttons on back of the steering wheel
    auto with the paddle shifters. I'd rather actually shifting and using a clutch... one of the reasons why i like mk4 r32 better then mk5 r32
    sick of seeing corvette rims on mk4's

Senior Member LoweredStandards is on a distinguished road LoweredStandards's Avatar

Not correct

The lexus 2JZ is a non-GTE motor found in the IS300s, GS300s, and the SC300s. There are quite a few differences acutally. The GTE engines found in the Supras have a different head, cams, stronger internals, and transmissions. Also, the GTE motor has oil squirters in the block and larger injectors. Putting a turbo on the Lexus version of the 2JZ, the GE model, will not yield you anywhere near 800hp. The naturally aspirated version put into the lexus cars were made for a little better fuel economy and because they are non-turbo, they have higher compression, which is the enemy of boost when you are trying to hit huge HP numbers.

Just wanted to point all that out. A friend and I are currently building a 2JZ GTE to go into a 240sx coupe.

here it is: Yes it is purple/pink and yes it is in his basement (hence the shitty photo)

Most IS300s although rated at 215 crank horsepower only put down about 160hp or less to the wheels if its an auto, and a little bit more if its a manual.

GLIs will beat one in almost every case, but I don't know about 5 speeds and the other engine codes with less HP, likely they could not.

(loweredstandards does not condone street racing)

Quote Originally Posted by LoweredStandards View Post
    Not correct

The lexus 2JZ is a non-GTE motor found in the IS300s, GS300s, and the SC300s. There are quite a few differences acutally. The GTE engines found in the Supras have a different head, cams, stronger internals, and transmissions. Also, the GTE motor has oil squirters in the block and larger injectors. Putting a turbo on the Lexus version of the 2JZ, the GE model, will not yield you anywhere near 800hp. The naturally aspirated version put into the lexus cars were made for a little better fuel economy and because they are non-turbo, they have higher compression, which is the enemy of boost when you are trying to hit huge HP numbers.

Just wanted to point all that out. A friend and I are currently building a 2JZ GTE to go into a 240sx coupe.

Most IS300s although rated at 215 crank horsepower only put down about 160hp or less to the wheels if its an auto, and a little bit more if its a manual.

GLIs will beat one in almost every case, but I don't know about 5 speeds and the other engine codes with less HP, likely they could not.

(loweredstandards does not condone street racing)
    how a GLI can compare to the top dogs, when 2jz are in the battle with nsx and r34 skylines at a way different level?

Who said the 2jz motors from lexus are GTE from stock?I didn't lol. I said if "MODDED" up like the TTE or TE 2JZ motors like the supra. of course the motor has to be internal swapped or direct supra swap for the lexus. I just wanna point that out that I am a Toyota guy to begin with so no need to try to school me on toyota lol. have you even heard of top secret supra and top secret 1975 celica ra25?

And yes, a 2jz motor can be made into 800hp. Since I used to import REAL JDM CARS straight from Japan, Ive been in a 98 supra that's well built in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan that has 800+HP to the wheels, drove one and rode on one. doesn't mean you got one of the best toyota motor out there that you know whats those are capable of doing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSj7ZLzZn4

curious, why put a 2jzgte motor into a s14? shouldn't it be a rb25det swap instead?
    Love it or Hate it/Show with a Go/Engineered to leave tire mark on your face

Senior Member LoweredStandards is on a distinguished road LoweredStandards's Avatar

We had a RB25 in it... Blew a bunch of oil seals and it started on fire

Before that it had a red-top. Now, because there really isnt anything else he wants, he picked up a 2JZ. And who said anything about S14?? Being a "JDM" guy you should recognize that that is not a S14... just sayin.

And you said they were the same motor, which they are not. I could go back an quote it if you would like. If it's not what you meant, then be more clear.

Im just pointing out they ARE NOT the same motor and people shouldnt have the misconception that they can go buy a GE motor and make the same power that a GTE can (without dumping thousands into it). But yes, they are the same 3.0 block.

Anyways, if the 2JZ doesnt tickle his whiskers he is going to look into a RB30, but they aren't east to come by. So we will see.

i see, good choice of going with 2jz then.

Looks like a S14 in my phone.
    Love it or Hate it/Show with a Go/Engineered to leave tire mark on your face

yeah, unfortunately he bought somewhere from the south, I wanna say texas or arizona maybe. But upon taking the head off we found some sand inside and the cylinders were pretty much F'd. So now it is getting punched out like .020 and some new internals are going in. Im pretty excited to see what it puts down. Right now it has a HX40 for a turbo (roughly the same size as a 42R).. but we are thinking bigger maybe??

+ Reply to Thread