VW Jetta MKV: Xenon bulb Replacement Help (GLI headlights) |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xenon bulb Replacement Help (GLI headlights)

Senior Member sku11vw07 is on a distinguished road sku11vw07's Avatar

Question Xenon bulb Replacement Help (GLI headlights)

Hey everyone. Well I recently noticed that my right Xenon bulb on my Jetta started looking dim and not as bright. So I said well maybe I should order some new bulbs since my Jetta is a 2006 and I think its time to change them. I called the dealer and they want $170 each bulb!!!
    So I said hell no and ordered them online for $70 for both of them. Way better deal. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has a diagram or knows how to replace the bulbs in the Xenon headlight. My Jetta is not a GLI but it does come with factory Xenon headlights like the GLI/GTI has.
    I bought a service manuel disc but it does not have the bulb replacement diagram or even says how on the Xenon headlights.

So if anyone could give me the diagram or explain how I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Volkswagens dont leak oil, they mark their territory

Default Re: Xenon bulb Replacement Help (GLI headlights)

Just for future reference DDM tuning has HID kits for as low as 35 bucks, would've been half the price for even better headlights, just lettin ya know.

Well my Jetta has factory Xenon headlights. So getting a HID kit would be useless. But thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Noob4Life View Post
    Just for future reference DDM tuning has HID kits for as low as 35 bucks, would've been half the price for even better headlights, just lettin ya know.

Did you ever get an answer for this? My 2007 GLI has a dead bulb as well (driver side) and I'm not sure if it is the bulb or the ballast. I want to swap bulbs from the passenger side to determine if it is the bulb (hope so).

Anybody know the OEM color of the HID's in the 2007's?

Thanks for any help!!! I don't want my daughter driving with only one headlight!

-Paul

Well I did get it in. After about 1 hour and half later I finally was able to get the bulb back in. It was a pain because the housing for the bulb is metal and the piece that screws in to hold the bulb is plastic. But I would recommend being patient when putting it in. And I paid $70 for a pair online that are suppose to be OEM but the bulbs are actually more white and a bit brighter than the OEM ones. But it looks ok though. Jut doesnt give off that blue look.
    I highly doubt it if it is the ballast. More than likely it is the bulb.
    And I believe the OEM color temperature is 4300K I think. You should probably call the dealer to confirm that tho

Well best of luck to you and well I hope its your bulb that went out

Quote Originally Posted by skimblzbvs View Post
    Did you ever get an answer for this? My 2007 GLI has a dead bulb as well (driver side) and I'm not sure if it is the bulb or the ballast. I want to swap bulbs from the passenger side to determine if it is the bulb (hope so).

Anybody know the OEM color of the HID's in the 2007's?

Thanks for any help!!! I don't want my daughter driving with only one headlight!

-Paul

+ Reply to Thread