VW Jetta: 04 1.8t gli stock vs. caliber srt4|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 04 1.8t gli stock vs. caliber srt4

Senior Member v-dub fur deutschland is on a distinguished road v-dub fur deutschland's Avatar

Default 04 1.8t gli stock vs. caliber srt4

hey guys just curious if a 04 gli and one of those caliber srt4 (turbocharged)..which would win? im NOT racing anyone at all just curious becuase me and my friend have a disagreement..thanks guys
    Jet Lag Lifestylin

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 04 1.8t gli stock vs. caliber srt4

SRT will smoke ya... Terribly.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by darksidedub Hidden Content
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Vixen Hidden Content
    I will fight you.

G&M Performance canucme3 is on a distinguished road canucme3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    SRT will smoke ya... Terribly.
    they sound like bubble machines, but yea it would smoke you.

Stock gli has 180hp and 174tq. Stock srt4 230hp 250tq and that apparently is underrated (265hp in independent testing).

I'm gettin close to the max power out of a 1.8t and its close between me and stock srt-4s
    Hidden Content .:G&M Performance:. MBC for sale Hidden Content
    Why do that when you could S my D?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Horsepower is a fake, calculated number. Torque all day.
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    I will fight you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    Horsepower is a fake, calculated number. Torque all day.
    that is sort of true, but they are still stupid fast stock... In 03 when they came out they were the 2nd fastest dodge in production (1st was the viper)...

Euro Snob Vixen is on a distinguished road Vixen's Avatar

It's still a neon. Might be a fast car, but you're still gonna look like a complete douche lord driving it.
    IMD | IG @VixenVR6 | sLoww MK4 VR6 RIP | MK6 2.5 SEL

Oh I don't doubt they're fast, and if neons weren't so rice looking I'm tellin ya, I might have bought one lol. That 2.4L isn't just a huge four cylinder, its bulletproof... And the turbocharger is quite a bit larger than what VW uses (close to the same as what Evo's/STI's use). So much power potential... But they're drivetrain sucks (they snap axles all the time) and IIRC, the transmission is 'eeh'. Plus I hated the way the interior was layed out..... They had sorta bucket seats but didn't provide much support, and I felt like I was driving a minivan cause the seating felt so high above the dash. But w/e, sorry for the rant lol
    I will fight you.

yea those stupid things look retarded and I still stand by my statement that they sound like bubble machines... but yea I've heard the same thing about the drive train.
    It just pisses me off that with just a tune I can't even touch one with every bolt-on for the 1.8t plus some... Stage 1 tune for them is like 290whp and 300wtq...

lol yup. Thats what you get with a 2.4T with a real ''T'' lol.
    I will fight you.

Stunt Status slowjet1.8 is on a distinguished road slowjet1.8's Avatar

yeah i would have to agree that the Srt will walk away from you. I want to test drive one of the new callibers just to see how nice they really are. i have heard they have terrible torque steer though.
    Check us out -->Hidden Content

Senior Member v-dub fur deutschland is on a distinguished road v-dub fur deutschland's Avatar

Wow that sucks though my friend was making fun of vw and I was getting pissed, guess I cant back it up at the drag strip
    Jet Lag Lifestylin

not your typical air ride DasBohan is on a distinguished road DasBohan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v-dub fur deutschland View Post
    Wow that sucks though my friend was making fun of vw and I was getting pissed, guess I cant back it up at the drag strip
    he still owns a neon....dodge no less ha. just make fun of the fact that the only reason his car company continues to stay afloat is because of rednecks buying pickups
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Boost Addicted Hidden Content
    All girlfriends are legal. Its just what you do with them that may be questionable lol
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by OregonDweller Hidden Content
    he just wants all your scene points Ryan, careful.

Exactly what Ryan said. They have no interior quality, drivetrain blows, they're ugly, and the caliber is extra chick-deflecting.
    I will fight you.

Jetta Junkie Moderator TurboJettaBoy02 has disabled reputation TurboJettaBoy02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    It's still a neon. Might be a fast car, but you're still gonna look like a complete douche lord driving it.
    bahaha u crack me up vicky lol.

Junior Member scoobaru57 is on a distinguished road scoobaru57's Avatar

Calibers have awful torque steer, not nearly as bad as speed3's do, but it's still pretty bad. While test driving an 04 srt from a local dealer, did a few pulls in 2nd through 4th, kept on having to correct the steering wheel. Ive always liked srt caliber and neons though.

GLI-VR6 vwguymi is on a distinguished road vwguymi's Avatar

Bringing this thread back up because I raced a highly modded SRT-4 Neon the other day driving down the highway. I pulled up to him he pushed the clutch is and the turbo sounded great the exhaust yeah no so much. Anyways he went my dumb @$$ put it in 3rd (at 70mph) and red lined he pulled away done deal.. I once again pulled up next to him and put it down into 4th this time and took him for about the first mile until my speed limiter 130 ish shut down.. But he was pulling on me, I need a tune

rollin deep bikerkid9069 is on a distinguished road bikerkid9069's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vwguymi View Post
    Bringing this thread back up because I raced a highly modded SRT-4 Neon the other day driving down the highway. I pulled up to him he pushed the clutch is and the turbo sounded great the exhaust yeah no so much. Anyways he went my dumb @$$ put it in 3rd (at 70mph) and red lined he pulled away done deal.. I once again pulled up next to him and put it down into 4th this time and took him for about the first mile until my speed limiter 130 ish shut down.. But he was pulling on me, I need a tune

cool story bro
    sick of seeing corvette rims on mk4's

Quote Originally Posted by vwguymi View Post
    That's like $um fast and furious shiat right thurr! Yo mayn yous should get sum nitrous and be like "too soon busta" and smoke the shiat outta sum more ppls! Them yous can run from the piggies and be like "you'll neva catch me! I live my life a quarter mile at a time!"

On a serious note street racing is ghey.

The end, I ask you all hold your applause.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jetta Junkie Moderator pow3r hour has disabled reputation pow3r hour's Avatar

I had an old friend I lost touch with now who had an srt-4. It was stage 4 making over 400whp and ran an 11.1 last time I saw at the track. He was workin hard to break into the 10's, and Im sure he has by now. We all drove vw's except for him but had a joke going that we would race him to see who could roll all 4 windows down faster (I dont know about the new ones but when they first came out the rear windows were crank for some reason but the fronts were power). Used to piss him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob4Life View Post
    That's like $um fast and furious shiat right thurr! Yo mayn yous should get sum nitrous and be like "too soon busta" and smoke the shiat outta sum more ppls! Them yous can run from the piggies and be like "you'll neva catch me! I live my life a quarter mile at a time!"

On a serious note street racing is ghey.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Sad part is that took your 30 mins to type out on your phone just to be a troll...

Senior Member I4N is on a distinguished road I4N's Avatar

Take it easy man, I was in an accident street racing almost 5 years ago. Long story short.... We crashed, I lost my best friend who was driving the car and i'm pretty lucky to have made it out alive. Just take it to the track, keep your life and help make the street a safer place to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    Take it easy man, I was in an accident street racing almost 5 years ago. Long story short.... We crashed, I lost my best friend who was driving the car and i'm pretty lucky to have made it out alive. Just take it to the track, keep your life and help make the street a safer place to drive.
    Will do

Senior Member I4N is on a distinguished road I4N's Avatar

VERY Senior Member jcjetta is on a distinguished road jcjetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noob4Life View Post
    Sorry, I just couldn't control myself
    97 MKIII 2SLOW / Looking for a I or II coupe close to home

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ty Sir

Member Will3hawks is on a distinguished road Will3hawks's Avatar

The Dodge will be faster until it blows up or falls apart

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Thank you for adding your comment to a very dead thread
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

+ Reply to Thread