Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

2000 VW Jetta 1.8t Engine Codes Help!!!

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WishingBig 
#1 ·
:(So here is the deal...I have a 2000 VW jetta 1.8t auto. Here are my engine codes:

p1171-throttle actuation potentiometer sign 2 range/performance
p1128-long term fuel trim b1 system too lean
p0106-absolute manifold pressure sensor (map sensor)
p1545-throttle position control malfuncation
p1568-idle speed throttle position mechanical malfunction
p1578-right eng. mount solenoid valve electrical fault in circuit
p1542-throttle actuation potentiometer range/performace
p1557-charge pressure positive deviation
p1297-connection turbocharger-throttle valve pressure drop
p1570-active immobilizer malfunctioning key logic lock locked (this is key related already fixed this)
:eek:
So there is all my codes and the meaning the question is I have a vacuum leak the car runs great until you get on it hard and it goes into boost then it laggs and shutters. I know that my throttle position control sensor is going bad and my map sensor need replaced but what is the rest of this. I know what codes p1297(vacuum leak or ignition coil going bad), p1545 (throttle position control), and p0106 (map sensor) are but what does the rest of these codes mean? How do I go about fixing them? I am going to be changing all of my vacuum lines saturday and replacing the 2 sensors but what else do I need to do?

See less See more
#3 ·
:(So here is the deal...I have a 2000 VW jetta 1.8t auto. Here are my engine codes:

p1171-throttle actuation potentiometer sign 2 range/performance
p1128-long term fuel trim b1 system too lean
p0106-absolute manifold pressure sensor (map sensor)
p1545-throttle position control malfuncation
p1568-idle speed throttle position mechanical malfunction
p1578-right eng. mount solenoid valve electrical fault in circuit
p1542-throttle actuation potentiometer range/performace
p1557-charge pressure positive deviation
p1297-connection turbocharger-throttle valve pressure drop
p1570-active immobilizer malfunctioning key logic lock locked (this is key related already fixed this)
:eek:
So there is all my codes and the meaning the question is I have a vacuum leak the car runs great until you get on it hard and it goes into boost then it laggs and shutters. I know that my throttle position control sensor is going bad and my map sensor need replaced but what is the rest of this. I know what codes p1297(vacuum leak or ignition coil going bad), p1545 (throttle position control), and p0106 (map sensor) are but what does the rest of these codes mean? How do I go about fixing them? I am going to be changing all of my vacuum lines saturday and replacing the 2 sensors but what else do I need to do?
Check your DV too, and spark plugs pull them and see if you have buildup on them can do it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.