VW Jetta: So has anybody redone the interior of their car?|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So has anybody redone the interior of their car?

Junior Member timoteo is on a distinguished road timoteo's Avatar

Default So has anybody redone the interior of their car?

Im looking fo ideas about redoing the interior of my mk2 jetta but i havent really found anybody who has done anything real interesting. i need to do an oil change, get a new air filter, buy and install a fuel pressure regulator, and buy a power steering hose and power steering fluid, but when im done with that im focusing on the interior of my car. the roof is falling off my car so im getting the ceiling reupholstered black for 35 dollars. im going to look for some black visors from somebody parting out their car. i also want to find black leather seats and a newer vw steering wheel and a nice shift knob. the dash and the doors idk what to do thats why i was wondering if anybody has redone this area of the car. o ya i also want to get the carpet torn out and put in black carpet

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Stunt Status slowjet1.8 is on a distinguished road slowjet1.8's Avatar

Default Re: So has anybody redone the interior of their car?

me and my buddy have redone both our headliners. the fabric is cheap, just need that and spray adhesive.

Junior Member Skipper Vaphiadis is on a distinguished road Skipper Vaphiadis's Avatar

I redid my headliner, put leather seats in, and have a grant GT steering wheel in it.

Headliner was really easy, total investment was maybe 15 bucks. I picked up a set of MK3 GLX leather seats. And the steering wheel, is just a steering wheel.

I made a little DIY for putting in the rear seats out of a MK3. And the front seats you just have to take the padding off the MK2 seat bucket, and swap it with the padding on the MK3 seat bucket, and bolt the backrest of the MK3 to the Mk2 seat bucket. Pretty simple. If you get some Mk3 seats i'll copy paste how I did the back seat.

Junior Member timoteo is on a distinguished road timoteo's Avatar

nice i need to do that but first i have to finish fixing my car idk whats wrong with it

8v Loco MKIICSI is on a distinguished road MKIICSI's Avatar

Please give more details regarding the diy headliner's. Would love to do mine...black.Thanks
    1992 Jetta MKII Csi

Senior Member aarchaic is on a distinguished road aarchaic's Avatar

Hey timoteo and MKIICSI

Have a look at this link here this is where i have posted all my interior work including ICE work.
    http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewt...?f=15&t=117481

The steering wheel adapter for a mk2 should be dirt cheap. My personal choice is a nice woodgrain they look fucking fresh in mk2's. the door panels are really simple just be sure not to snap any clips off in the process it. It will rattle if u crack to many I'm redoing mine but I'm going the sticker bomb path headliner and accents, plaid is a classic choice and always looks nice.

I would like to do something to liven it up. Everything is just plain black. Some colors on the door would be nice. A leather steering wheel cover would be an improvement as well.

Junior Member ericdidit is on a distinguished road ericdidit's Avatar

I just swapped for MK3 seats this weekend, i popped off the buckets, and bolted on the back rests.

i bought some black fabric paint, and sprayed the door cards black, and the rest board in the back where the rear speakers are.

you could always get some red Poker table felt and re-do the door cards. looks sharp.

Junior Member ericdidit is on a distinguished road ericdidit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper Vaphiadis View Post
    If you get some Mk3 seats i'll copy paste how I did the back seat.
    I bolted on my rear seat bases, but how do i do the back rests?

Junior Member gluksspiel is on a distinguished road gluksspiel's Avatar

rip out the carpet and truck bedline the floor pan...dont use the shitty spray-on though...the roll-on one takes no more time and has better results

i also deleted the heater-ac....not really the interior but when done i had to fill the blank space in the dash with black aluminum plate(from a kick plate for a house doorway) and all the holes in the firewall with the same plate

+ Reply to Thread