VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Cheap used parts source |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap used parts source

Smile Cheap used parts source

I just grabbed black front and rear leather seats w/ the airbags and heaters, and Vr6 all red tails. The seats were $250 and the tails were $100. So psyched. I gotta get the heater switches to make the heaters work. For now I'm cool, but I'll grab them before the next winter from him. If anyone needs cheap used OEM parts then check out LKQ. They have an ebay store. I lucked out because they are in Cumberland RI so I was able to scoop the parts at
    the location, but they ship all over and they have a nationwide network of parts. Just thought I'd share that with the fellow dubbers. Ask for Kevin D in the RI office. The guy was honest and helpful--real good dude. He even took my cloth interior as a trade, and as soon as a crisp set of Longbeaches come in, then he's gonna even swap me. So for $369 (after taxes) I got the interior, the tails, and I got a set of Beaches on the way!!! Not too bad. Check out my new best friend Kevin if you want good deals on OEM pieces--they have everything, and can get anything. They strip about 10 Vw's a week, so they have tons and tons of stuff. Rock on--great day for me...lol

Default Re: Cheap Parts

Hey awesome information, and good for you on the cheap parts. Can't be those prices, especially for heated leather seats.

This is your thread after all, but would you mind if I sticky'd it and changed the title to ''Cheap used parts source''? This could definitely help a lot of people on the site, esp those who dont' have local junkyards with dubs.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by darksidedub Hidden Content
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Vixen Hidden Content
    I will fight you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    Hey awesome information, and good for you on the cheap parts. Can't be those prices, especially for heated leather seats.

This is your thread after all, but would you mind if I sticky'd it and changed the title to ''Cheap used parts source''? This could definitely help a lot of people on the site, esp those who dont' have local junkyards with dubs.
    That would be me lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Go for it Boost! I wanted to share the wealth with all of you. All the writeups on here help me so much to map things out in my head before buying stuff. I know how much OEM parts are, so when I found this place I was shocked...lol. I cruise this site on my Blackberry so I don't know how to post pics...lol. Now all I need are the textured rubs, the ecodes for the front, the wheels (I wanna powdercoat them black), and the spacers...then I can get into the coilovers and brakes, and then the motor. For the cost of the turbo setup, I can totally deck out my car with everything else I want, so I waiting to save that for last...lol. Enjoy guys...definately ask for Kevin in the RI office because he really worked to get me what I wanted, and he delivered. I had to teLl somebody about this place!

Great, thanks! I'll definitely call these guys if they're cheap and reliable
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    I will fight you.

Euro Snob Vixen is on a distinguished road Vixen's Avatar

Did I miss something or is there not a link or phone number to this cheap source??
    IMD | IG @VixenVR6 | sLoww MK4 VR6 RIP | MK6 2.5 SEL

Senior Member pieshi is on a distinguished road pieshi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    Did I miss something or is there not a link or phone number to this cheap source??
    http://stores.ebay.com/LKQonline

http://www.lkqonline.com/default.aspx

I guess they have a yard in RI

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=LKQ+cumberland+RI

Yes, yes I did lol.
    I will fight you.

Junior Member ChuckDiesel is on a distinguished road ChuckDiesel's Avatar

Would also like to add that O'Reilly Auto Parts also deals with LKQ so if you dont want to shop online you can order through them too... Not too much markup either

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel View Post
    Would also like to add that O'Reilly Auto Parts also deals with LKQ so if you dont want to shop online you can order through them too... Not too much markup either
    Nice.

Senior citizen member groundupjetta is on a distinguished road groundupjetta's Avatar

Thanks for sharing men. I'll def check them out as I'm in RI too free shipping/pick up is always good
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Turbo peach Hidden Content
    Wide open throttle, when you have your foot through the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by groundupjetta View Post
    Thanks for sharing men. I'll def check them out as I'm in RI too free shipping/pick up is always good
    You are welcome, hope that helps everyone out a bit!

Member guerilla7 is on a distinguished road guerilla7's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the link guys, time to shop for a new set of OEM wheels :-)
    2K Jetta GLS | 2.0 | Automatic | The Green Commuting Machine

http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks...a/Engine/290/8

Hey guys...looking for input for anyone who has ordered or has knowledge of the service kit. I'm trying to see if I can order it and have my mechanic install. Question is: is this what I should want in my car/are they of good quality? Thnks in advance...I'm currenty being quoted $1400 for his parts source/install.

Here is the quote... are they just raping me on parts? I mean I can get the whole kit for the price of one timing belt... o.O

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-04 09.39.45.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	7680

All shops rape you on parts. Some mark them up 80%. Get your own and have him do the work.
    I will fight you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    All shops rape you on parts. Some mark them up 80%. Get your own and have him do the work.
    I talked to them. They're fine with that. Going to order my kit and they'll install. Doesn't hurt to ask huh? Lol

You've. Found. A. Gold. Mine.
    I don't autocross my daily driver. I daily drive my autocrosser.

Quote Originally Posted by pieshi View Post
    Here is the quote... are they just raping me on parts? I mean I can get the whole kit for the price of one timing belt... o.O

Attachment 7680
    bad picture...cant really see anything....but if they want 1400 to do pump and belt then thats a rip off lol

Quote Originally Posted by jedduh View Post
    bad picture...cant really see anything....but if they want 1400 to do pump and belt then thats a rip off lol
    Yeah... $950 for parts and $450 for labor. Rape! I'm glad they agreed to help me out and just do the install.

wtf 950? what are they rebuilding the engine? lol

Quote Originally Posted by jedduh View Post
    wtf 950? what are they rebuilding the engine? lol
    Lmao! I know right?

Anyone interested in selling me a badgless jetta grille for 02 model? or trade for one with a badge

To the thread starter. I just got some heated leather seats (235.00) and would like to know if you have ran the wiring and switches to make the heat part work? I'd love some pointers and advise!!
    Wondering if I run straight fused battery power to seats or is there some current converter etc that must be used?
    My car has no wiring or switches fkr heated seats. So I'm starting from ground zero.
    And to stay in tune w this thread, where do I purchase these parts? (wiring, plugs, and switches)

Kmac

Junior Member Quarters is on a distinguished road Quarters's Avatar

I was lookin for some cheap parts to repair my Jetta. Mainly just that front bumper part. Anyone know some decent websites for that or should I hit a junkyard?

Last edited by Vixen; 08-30-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Front bumper part as in the valance? Check for a part out on here or vwvortex classifieds, otherwise junk yard.

Sorry about the bad link. What can I use to post a picture?

Just use a link and the [img] code. I fixed it for you. Looks like you need a new fender and bumper+rub strip. I would look for a part out or go to a junkyard. Buying those things new will be kind of spendy.

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whoo I live in Rhode island

Sent from my r00tEd DR0ID using Tapatalk
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by I4N Hidden Content
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    Hidden Content

Awesome thanks Vixen. I'll have to check some junkyards because buying new would be pretty costly. Think I could put those on myself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast