VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Im back :) Control Arm Bushing... :? |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im back :) Control Arm Bushing... :?

Junior Member TheGirlNextDoor87 is on a distinguished road TheGirlNextDoor87's Avatar

Default Im back :) Control Arm Bushing... :?

ok every time i turn or hit a bump something pops on the left hand side now i took it to a shop and the guy told me it was a control arm bushing... how hard is it to replace that what what do you think it will cost and how do i know upper lower inner outer because some shops around here are stupid when it comes to European (Jetta) cars...

thanks - Jayka

G&M Performance canucme3 is on a distinguished road canucme3's Avatar

Default Re: Im back :) Control Arm Bushing... :?

That sounds more like your strut top bushing then lower control arm bushing. To check that just open up your hood and look at the strut tops. If they aren't sitting close to flush with the frame they are bad.

But to answer your questions control arm bushings are not something you can do yourself unless you have a press. You can do the front one, but you need the press for the rear which is the more common one to go bad.
    .:G&M Performance:. MBC for sale Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    Why do that when you could S my D?

Junior Member TheGirlNextDoor87 is on a distinguished road TheGirlNextDoor87's Avatar

hmmm... like it sounds like the noise comes from where the tire is like a pop noise every time i turn or hit a bump and its gotten worse over time

how much do you think it will cost me to get it fixed...?

Senior Member 05 VW GLI is on a distinguished road 05 VW GLI's Avatar

Can u just sit still and turn the wheel and u will hear a popping noise this happened to me like last year and it was the strut bearing that went bad.

G&M Performance canucme3 is on a distinguished road canucme3's Avatar

It costs about $40 for parts, but idk how much a shop would charge because I did mine.
    .:G&M Performance:. MBC for sale Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    Why do that when you could S my D?

hey dude, like the other cats said, strut bushing or your rear control arms bushing.

I got control arms with the R32 bushing upgrade for sale, which is a huge improvement over stock and would kill two birds with one stone if that is what it is. It is a simple remove/replace of the lower control arm and bang, you'd be done.

if you are local to Concord CA come on over and I'll install the R32 bushing mod. if not I can ship these to you and it's an easy bolt in affair..

+ Reply to Thread