VW Jetta MKIII/MK3: Wheel bearing replacement parts - 98 Jetta GLS|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheel bearing replacement parts - 98 Jetta GLS

Default Wheel bearing replacement parts - 98 Jetta GLS

Ok, In my previous posts I asked for help to determine if my front end noise was a bearing or drive axle issue. Most posts point to the wheel bearing. I want to replace these myself but I do not want to invest in the pullers/presses etc. I dont really want to take the hub to my mechainc to pull/press for me either. Looking at the hub and bearing prices online they do not appear to be all that high. What I want to do is buy a new hub with the bearings already pressed in and replace the whole thing. Has anyone been able to find such a thing online? Anyone done this? Any reason I shouldnt?

mkok

Senior Member tatsu is on a distinguished road tatsu's Avatar

What I was going to do is find out how much napa would charge to do it. I have heard if you bring your hub and bearing to them they will press the old one and the new one in

Jetta Junkie Moderator pow3r hour has disabled reputation pow3r hour's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel bearing replacement parts - 98 Jetta GLS

just pull the hub and have a shop press one in for you. Its usually pretty cheap if you pull the hub yourself. Think I paid around $45 for 2 last time I did it. Buying a hub with one pressed in already can be pretty pricey.

Senior Member tatsu is on a distinguished road tatsu's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel bearing replacement parts - 98 Jetta GLS

I called Napa today and they quoted my $28.85 for the bearing and $32.50 to press it in if I buy it from them and $45 if I bring in the bearing and hub for them to press

+ Reply to Thread