VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: annoying beeping noise |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: annoying beeping noise

Cowboy BigJ389 is on a distinguished road BigJ389's Avatar

Default annoying beeping noise

I have a 2000 jetta, at times when I drive there is an annoying beeping noise, like if the door was still open...but i check it and its not....but it keeps going, and when i turn on the headlights its a long beep like it sumone's heart just stopped......its annoying, anyone know what it might be?

Lovin VDubs! VWVR6FrEaK is on a distinguished road VWVR6FrEaK's Avatar

This does usually mean your door is open. Is the little light on the door panel lit at the same time? If so you may want to make sure your door is latching all the way. I believe there is a sensor on the door latch itself inside the door but dont quote me on it. You may want to check that though. Other than that I am really not sure.

I also have a 2000 Jetta and mine does the same thing. sometimes it doesnt and sometimes it does. i havent really found out why. if i find out ill let you know.

Cowboy BigJ389 is on a distinguished road BigJ389's Avatar

the light inside doesn't turn on, the door is closed all the way.....is there a fuse or something I can unplug so that this annoying sound come off?

Default Re: annoying beeping noise

same deal here, i was just checking the doors, the latches look, ok, i guess its some sensor, cause when i drive over vibration bumpers it flickers and stops for a while and then comes again... the bad side of it its the alarm, it wont engage since the car has a "door open"..

thanks a lot..
    Last edited by plast1c; 11-26-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Default annoying beeping noise

Yea, that mean the sensor in your door is not working well or that you need a new latch due to the one u have is worn. I had that problem because wehn I bought the car it was like that Ugh.. wish I wuda check that out before! So yea you can get a new latch or maybe do some electrical work

MKIV Scene faggot zootedjetta91 is on a distinguished road zootedjetta91's Avatar

so this is def from a door sensor or latch?

Because mine seems only to beep when i hit a bump or accelerate quickly enough to jerk the car and it didnt happen before i got it out of the shop for a water pump replacement

You can call me God Nicholai is on a distinguished road Nicholai's Avatar

I got that beeping noise the time I forgot to release the parking break...
    The SOLE ruler of the forum!!!

MKIV Scene faggot zootedjetta91 is on a distinguished road zootedjetta91's Avatar

haha i feel so friggin stupid.

My neice had been riding in the car,and left one of her toys so everytime i hit a bump it was going off.

Which is the explanation for my beeping noise lol.

+ Reply to Thread