Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

annoying beeping noise

17K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  zootedjetta91 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 jetta, at times when I drive there is an annoying beeping noise, like if the door was still open...but i check it and its not....but it keeps going, and when i turn on the headlights its a long beep like it sumone's heart just stopped......its annoying, anyone know what it might be?

#2 ·
This does usually mean your door is open. Is the little light on the door panel lit at the same time? If so you may want to make sure your door is latching all the way. I believe there is a sensor on the door latch itself inside the door but dont quote me on it. You may want to check that though. Other than that I am really not sure.

#4 ·
the light inside doesn't turn on, the door is closed all the way.....is there a fuse or something I can unplug so that this annoying sound come off?

#6 ·
Yea, that mean the sensor in your door is not working well or that you need a new latch due to the one u have is worn. I had that problem because wehn I bought the car it was like that Ugh.. wish I wuda check that out before! So yea you can get a new latch or maybe do some electrical work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.