VW Jetta: 2000 vw jetta vr6 - stalling out??|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 vw jetta vr6 - stalling out??

Default 2000 vw jetta vr6 - stalling out??

Hello, I purchased my car in Dec. from a private owner with 65,500 miles. In january I replaced the camshaft position sensor at 66,000 miles (car currently has 67,600 miles). 2 days ago while driving all of the sudden my EPC light came on and my car started losing power, it stalled out. Had it towed home, hooked it up and got camshaft position sensor A code as well as throttle position sensor. When the car is started it idles pretty roughly then stalls again shortly after. When the gas is pushed it doesn't do anything. any ideas? I don't think its the camshaft because I just changed it in January. When I turned the car off then back on and hooked it up again I only got the camshaft position sensor A, the throttle position sensor code did not show back up. I heard somewhere that it might be the cc??

Thank You!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 2000 vw jetta vr6 - stalling out??

does anyone have any ideas??

I have a similar problem; the engine dies and won't restart. after 5 to 20 minutes, it will start and run. It might repeat, but not always. some days it doesn't do it at all. No codes. I get an EPC light sometimes, but not always.

Oh, 2005 1.8T

erosem; I know little about this Jetta, but, re, no response from the gas pedal... the car has a drive by wire throttle... no cable. There has to be sensors at the gas pedal and a motor at the throttle body. I'd start there if no one else replies... and thats where I'm starting on it this weekend. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread