VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Oil in Throttle Body??? |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil in Throttle Body???

Exclamation Oil in Throttle Body???

Soo i have been having a bit of trouble with my dub. It has definitely been a love/Hate relationship lately. We got in a fight recently and i have been riding my bicycle for the past 2 days.

Anyway, I was going to clean the throttle body just like the DIY post indicated and noticed oil in the throttle body. Not just burnt oil but fresh oil. Any ideas whats going on?

It has also been losing boost while on the highway. I am going to check it today!

Default Re: Oil in Throttle Body???

Anything.......

Jetta Junkie Moderator pow3r hour has disabled reputation pow3r hour's Avatar

How much we talkin about? A little bit is normal, but a lot could mean 1 of 2 things that I can think of. 1 is a bad pcv valve, or your having a lot of blow by from the pistons and your motor is on its way out. Are you noticing any other symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorgmontano View Post
    Soo i have been having a bit of trouble with my dub. It has definitely been a love/Hate relationship lately. We got in a fight recently and i have been riding my bicycle for the past 2 days.

Anyway, I was going to clean the throttle body just like the DIY post indicated and noticed oil in the throttle body. Not just burnt oil but fresh oil. Any ideas whats going on?

It has also been losing boost while on the highway. I am going to check it today!
    Link to the DIY? I want to clean my tb but don't know how I'd do it with an electric TB.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

it is a little bit of oil. But as soon as i get time im going to check the intercooler to see how much oil is stuck in there if any.
    Other symptoms include loss of boost while driving and idle all ove the place when warming the engine up. The funny thing is that i erased the check engine light with a scanner since the light was on since i got bought it. But the light has not turned on again. The old codes read: system running too rich,random cylinder misfire, cylinder misfire 1&4. but like i said the light has not turned on again.

Heres the link:
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1116399
    You can also do a google search: Throttle body cleaning 1.8t
    Last edited by Hectorgmontano; 06-05-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to include link.

+ Reply to Thread