Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

suggestions on future mods?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  j1080boardin 
#1 ·
hey i have a 2000 1.8t i have already done some mods i have a forge tip, pflo sri, forge dv,apr stage 1,and a few other things..i would like to get a fmic and a turbo back exhaust, i was looking at the eurosport fmic and a few different exhausts..any suggestions on what you guys have or would recommend..2.5 or 3 inch echaust and what kind i was gonna have a guy i know custom make an exhaust but that fell through so im pretty set on just buying one...thanks for any help or any other mod suggestions you got...also if anyone has suggestions im looking for a front and rear lip..i will definately need a new one with a cutout when i get an exhaust and i just want a different one for the front

#4 ·
it is lowered..not too much i bought it with a weitec suspension kit that the previous owner put in..i just put in new koni shocks and struts but i left the springs which drop it 1.6"...eventually id like to lover it more but for now im alright with what i got im more interested in other mods i mentioned before that..aight ill check out that exhaust..i was thinking 2.5" because i heard that sometimes 3" is too much and you can actually lose some hp..not sure how true that is so im looking for some help

#5 ·
IMO backpressure is a joke, why would you not want the fastest flowing exhaust if possible? No different then people at the track dumping it out the side. The argument is for na applications you want no bigger than 2.5inch so theirs back pressure?? Anything more and you lose power. For boosted applications go as big as you want, back pressure is the worst. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Some people say that 3" is too big for our turbos and might actually cause them to wear down faster but I don't really care. If you're going to upgrade your exhaust you might as well go all out and get the best. If you ever go bt you wont have to upgrade again too.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
It's hard to really say how big is TO big. You just don't want it to be so big your emissions cool down before they exit the muffler. If that starts happening your engine is working harder to force heavier cold air/fuel mixture. That's what takes away from power, not necessarily no backpressure. If back pressure alone was needed the turbo is doing a great job of it, one of the biggest restrictions you can put in you exhaust lol. I think the 3" exhaust does just fine, if it didn't I'm sure big companies all about performance like apr wouldn't sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
im looking to buy my exhaust on tuesday..right now i have the stock hidden tips on my car therefor there is no cutout for the exhaust..i cant find many let alone one for a good price without buying the whole lip kit..right now i would rather spend the money on the exhaust and worry about the lip in a couple weeks..for now im going to cut out the valance i have now i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the best way to do this and it not look like crap..im not sure if theres a diy so if anybody has any suggestions or has done this or can point me to the diy id appreciate the help thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.