VW Jetta: turn signal problems|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: turn signal problems

Junior Member speedomk4_2.0 is on a distinguished road speedomk4_2.0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default turn signal problems

i have a 2000 v jetta 2.0 and my turn signal fuse keeps blowing every time i turn on the right blinker replaced the turn signal relay and still keeps blowing what could cause the fuse to blow everytime i turn my turn signal to the right

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Sosculero is on a distinguished road Sosculero's Avatar

Don't turn to your right duhh !!! Lol im just kidding but on your right signal bulbs...check ALL the bulbs, plugs, and wiring....something is grounding out

almost forgot to tell u....if u cant seem to find the problem try this test....see if u can manage to get a breaker to replace the fuse....unless u want to burn up 4 or so fuses....but go to every turn signal light and pull 1 out and use ur turn signal. like go to front headlight take the bulb out and use the turn signal....if fuse pops then that bulb + wiring may be ok....go to fender then rear light....its a lil easy test to see if u can rule out the problem a little better. lmk what u find or get

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2000 2.0 AEG 5 Speed : Swiss cheese intake. Magnaflow 2.25 Catback Exhaust. SOLD!

Junior Member speedomk4_2.0 is on a distinguished road speedomk4_2.0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: turn signal problems

okay so i tried the bulb thing you said and yeah still doing the same thing you think it could be the turn signal switch

Senior Member Sosculero is on a distinguished road Sosculero's Avatar

U can try to take apart ur steering column for ur turn signal lever but if im not mistaken if it's the same as others.....the jetta should have more into a flat metal contact that transfers electricity to where it needs to go ( ie turn right or left) ...I guess take it apart and search around cuz I've never done it nor have the need to....u never know u may find wires touching each other when u turn right

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2000 2.0 AEG 5 Speed : Swiss cheese intake. Magnaflow 2.25 Catback Exhaust. SOLD!

+ Reply to Thread