VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Jetta heater core connector leak |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jetta heater core connector leak

Default Jetta heater core connector leak

Hi guys, I found out my heater core connector is leaking coolant. When the engine is running, a light nudge on the connector would leak much more.
    Question is how do you remove this connector to check if I need to replace it? Is this a quick connection type as I tried to pull out without any luck.
    Hope I can fix this leak myself before sending to the stealership. Thanks in advance.

Member Trevor Roy is on a distinguished road Trevor Roy's Avatar

Default Re: Jetta heater core connector leak

there should be a little metal clip on it pry it up with a flat head dont try to remove it completely . once you get it up the hose should pop off pretty easily its probably the o-ring inside of it i had the same problem
    just bought a dub O_O

Default Re: Jetta heater core connector leak

Hey Thanks! It was really easy. The o-ring was totally worn out. Replaced the o-ring and sleeve and no more leaks. Now I am wondering if I should change the other one although it is not leaking and I have spare o-ring...Hmmm

+ Reply to Thread