Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

erratic rpm at idle

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  c.berardinis 
#1 ·
Hello all I have a 04 2.0 (2slow) other day i got the code p0300 random miss fires changed out the wires and plugs and then the code came back and so changed the coil pack and its better but now when my car is at idle it seems rough and rpm drop 100-200 rpms ( not thounds) but you can fell it so i changed my fuel filter and put new k&n filter in and still has rough idle in park nutral or in drive when stopped. what else could it be? i cleaned the mass air flow sensor but same thing is going on? any help would be great thank you all.

04 vw jetta 2.0 108,000

#2 ·
my old audi had the same problem it ended up being a module for the injectors ill have to find the paperwork, but some cars have them individual and some a module (which is more expensive) but when i replaced it, it was fine ill see what i can pull up and get back to you. no guarantees, just going with a past experience.

#4 ·
Thanks that will be great if you cant find it I will investagate more into that dont kill yourself trying to find it but if you do that be great. Idk for some reason I do feel like my injectors are loud like I can hear them ticking inside my car is that normal? ive used like lucas injector cleaner then again idk if I believe in that kind of stuff.

#5 ·
I did not too dirty felt a little better after but not 100% I think ill try again in few days and get a better shot at it I only sprayed a little as I was in a hurry because we got a ems call and had to stop. Will let you know soon if it works after I get a good shot at it thanks for the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.