VW Jetta MKV: Poor boost, Error code 00665 p0299 |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor boost, Error code 00665 p0299

Default Poor boost, Error code 00665 p0299

Hi everyone, I hope somebody can help me here with this problem, Mi car is a 2009 gli with 37k kilometers. It was running fine till like a month ago when I noticed that the boost almost completely diappeared. The car didnt have that power surge you get in these turbocharged engines. I went to the shop where I cleared all the adaptation values and the car is running a little better now but the boost is not quite as good as before. the vag is reading error "00665, p02 99, boost maximum limit not reached" the CEL is not going off and engine runs smoothly.

Thay have no idea what todo at the shop and thy look like they are guessing.... I hopo someone in this forum can help. thank you!

Senior Member Jetta Jim is on a distinguished road Jetta Jim's Avatar

Default Re: Poor boost, Error code 00665 p0299

I've heard people with the 2.0t's complaining about the stock diverter valves leaking. Is there a registered loss of pressure or does it just not feel right?

the boost is not as strong as before and is goes pshhhhhh when acceletrating

Senior Member TeLeScoPE is on a distinguished road TeLeScoPE's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it would be the dv.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Vixen Hidden Content
    Initiate poopy pants. I would have been sprinting home lol.

Senior Member Jetta Jim is on a distinguished road Jetta Jim's Avatar

Yeah, if it's a raspy sort of sound it's most likely going to be the DV. If it's a more of a whistle or hissing sort of sound then you can't rule out a loose or leaking hose.

Check the pancake hose at the intercooler and make sure everything is tight before replacing the DV. Might save yourself a few bucks. If you're luck is like mine though, it won't be a loose connection.

So I checked all hosses and conections and they seem to be fine, How can I check the dv valve?is it very difficult to get to it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BROKEN DV.JPG
Views:	3286
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	9173So here is the problem... dv had a broken diaphragm. just got a new one and spinning wheels again! thanks guys for the help

Hey fellas! Thanks for all your input. I'm new to this site and have the same code. P0299/turbo under boost. However I have not noticed any power loss wit the cars performance. Also, my engine has recently (last week) been rebuilt do to timing chain tensioner failure. Could this code be from a loose hose that was re attached when they rebuilt the engine? How do I check my DV as the fella did above? Thanks for any help you may provide!

Default Poor boost, Error code 00665 p0299

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Hey fellas! Thanks for all your input. I'm new to this site and have the same code. P0299/turbo under boost. However I have not noticed any power loss wit the cars performance. Also, my engine has recently (last week) been rebuilt do to timing chain tensioner failure. Could this code be from a loose hose that was re attached when they rebuilt the engine? How do I check my DV as the fella did above? Thanks for any help you may provide!
    Yes, that code could be caused by a leaking connection on one of the hoses. There is probably a DIY on this forum about checking the DV valve. However, I had the same fault code on my 07 Gli and could not find any leaks. The engine also ran smoothly. After about a week of searching, I had a mechanic do a smoke test on the the vehicle and we found a crack in the intercooler itself. The mount had cracked and boost pressure was being lost through it. It was impossible to see as the intercooler mount is hidden from sight. A replacement intercooler solved the issue. I don't suggest purchasing any parts until the problem has been thoroughly investigated. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

What year is your car?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

2009 Jetta WE turbo. There was a half dollar sized hole in the tubing that collects the air from the grill. I replaced that and cleared the code. It's been 500 miles and no codes. Would a hole in that plastic tubing cause the code to come on?

2009 Jetta WE turbo. There was a half dollar sized hole in the tubing that collects the air from the grill. I replaced that and cleared the code. It's been 500 miles and no codes. Would a hole in that plastic tubing cause the code to come on?
    That could definitely cause the error code. I'm glad you found the hole. What did it look like it was caused by, or could you tell? If the hose was rubbing against something, you can now make any adjustments so that it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread