Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Some good startup mods?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rebjetta 
#1 ·
I just bought my Jetta a couple weeks ago and i want to start modifying it. It's a 2000 Jetta GLS manual. I would like to finish my mods with puting a turbo on my car, but that is going to be in a while. But could you please help me out with some small prep mods? like a cold air ect.

#2 ·
a tad on the ricey side but all in good taste, a spectre conical air intake will make your 2.0 scream and give it a more throaty powerful tone without causing a tinny sound, HOWEVER a stock spectre won't fit. You'll need a 2.5 to 3.0 coupler but all in all it's sub $40 and results in a 1-2hp gain, though it really doesn't matter, and takes half an hour for the most car ignorant, took me about 5. another mod to look at is Seafoam. Seafoam the fck out of your car as you don't know how nasty it is in your engine, there are many seafoam tutorials including one on this site(too lazy to poop out a link). Could always refresh your steelies.... just sayin'. A badgeless would prob run 50-120 depending on style. Stay away from mesh you dont have mesh lower grills so you should mesh the top one, but a badgeless grill requires a hood notch filler so your looking at prob another 600 to fill, install, and paint your new unnotched hood. but all in all there is a thread, i think vicky stickied it, that explains all this with prices.... so just search abit and you'll find it. but all in all Welcome to JJ!

#4 ·
Get a turbo back exhaust... ^^ def intake...

You can turn the boost up or upgrade the turbo to give your more ponies... I'd also say since you're looking to modify the car and drive it harder than normal look into upgrading your clutch and maybe a short shifter if you're gonna be racing it.
I have a shorter throw off a R32...

#7 ·
exhaust a good 2.5 or 3 inch turbo back...forge diverter valve. clutch look to how much power you want to build in the future and go from there so you only have to do it once.. dont waste your money on a cold air dropa K&N flat panel replacement filter in.. then save up your cash to get a quality turbo kit. from pagparts ..research and plan ahead it will save you loads of money and time in the future..plan long term. so you dont have to pay for multiple chipping and mods you will end up relselling later on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.