VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: 2001 Jetta Radiator Fan Problem |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 Jetta Radiator Fan Problem

Default 2001 Jetta Radiator Fan Problem

ok so the radiator fans stopped working on me girlfriends car after i did the oil change... i know i know oil change has nothing to do with radiator fans but anyway that what happend

so one of my buddies was telling me i could be this thing here whatever its called...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-21 18.03.26.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	648.5 KB
ID:	9569

but im kinda heading tward the the fan relay module... if you guys have any other ideas they would be much appreciated...

thanks for looking

p.s.
    fans are about 5 months old and were bout barn new

Senior Member Sosculero is on a distinguished road Sosculero's Avatar

Fans should of not failed but do pop in easy fixers...change out ur engine coolant temp sensor to a green top. Throw in a new thermostat. Check out the fuses. Doubt u got a air pocket. Check connection on fans maybe during oil change sum1 twiddled with it.
    Most likely your going to get a CEL for poor coolant performance.
    Sent from the Gates of Hell
    2000 2.0 AEG 5 Speed : Swiss cheese intake. Magnaflow 2.25 Catback Exhaust. SOLD!

Jetta Junkie Moderator TurboJettaBoy02 has disabled reputation TurboJettaBoy02's Avatar

Default Re: 2001 Jetta Radiator Fan Problem

id say is a fan relay or the fan itself crapped out. i know the relays are alot $$$ tho. but try replacing temp sensor with a green top like mentioned above.

Senior Member Sosculero is on a distinguished road Sosculero's Avatar

Quick test...pop your hood and turn your car on. While sum1 in the car you look at the fans. Tell ur helper to turn on the ac. If fans kick on then ur fans are good.

Sent from the Gates of Hell
    2000 2.0 AEG 5 Speed : Swiss cheese intake. Magnaflow 2.25 Catback Exhaust. SOLD!

FYI, the fans wont come on automatically when the vehicle starts, they should only come on once it has reached a certain temp... Usually takes about a minute cold crank while idle. I thought mine stopped working once so thought i would share that just incase

+ Reply to Thread