VW Jetta: How much was did you pay for your 2012 Jetta TDI?|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much was did you pay for your 2012 Jetta TDI?

Cool How much was did you pay for your 2012 Jetta TDI?

Hey everyone im new here. So hopefully im placing this thread in the right spot. anyways i have never owned a volkswagen before in fact my only car is my 2000 Hyundai elentra my parents gave me for grad. high this past summer. but they said they would buy me a new car next year. im really looking into the Jetta and i have made a final decision on getting the TDI. i hear good things about diesel. Can anyone tell me prices they paid for theirs? i want to go to the dealership knowing how low i can go from their price. im looking at a 27,000 ish one right now. hopefully get it down to 20k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How much was did you pay for your 2012 Jetta TDI?

I paid $22100 for a 2012 TDI

No chance you are getting a 27K TDI down to 20K. If you do, you are magic. I would use Edmunds real world pricing as a guide and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by robbielo View Post
    Hey everyone im new here. So hopefully im placing this thread in the right spot. anyways i have never owned a volkswagen before in fact my only car is my 2000 Hyundai elentra my parents gave me for grad. high this past summer. but they said they would buy me a new car next year. im really looking into the Jetta and i have made a final decision on getting the TDI. i hear good things about diesel. Can anyone tell me prices they paid for theirs? i want to go to the dealership knowing how low i can go from their price. im looking at a 27,000 ish one right now. hopefully get it down to 20k.
    I bought a loaded 2011 Sportswagen TDI using the Costco program for around $27,500 I think.The best deal I could get in Atlanta was $1500 off sticker.I initually stuck my nose up at the Costco program but I figured,it doesn't cost anything to try it.It saved me another $750.I had to go to Montgomery to get it,but it was worth it to me plus I saved another $250 in doc fees.This car is fairly well loaded with navi/moonroof plus the 17s.It is also the DSG automatic.I live in the mtns.of north GA.and love being able to down and upshift the transmission.The transmission gets a little quirky sometimes,but it usually shifts smoothly. I bought my 2011 in Aug or Sept. of 2010.

Junior Member fireman3048 is on a distinguished road fireman3048's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.j.k. View Post
    No chance you are getting a 27K TDI down to 20K. If you do, you are magic. I would use Edmunds real world pricing as a guide and go from there.
    I agree. There is no chance of getting a 2012 Jetta TDI for $20K. Especially with the way fuel prices are continuing to go up. The dealerships want to sell cars but the TDIs are not being given away for cheap. I just bought my 2012 TDI for just below $27K after a 6 year/100K warranty was added in. 2009 Jetta TDIs with 70K miles on them were coming at $19K. The TDIs are definitely holding their value. Good luck

thanks for the responses guys. took a while but thanks i now have some insight. yea it makes sense now VW diesel is anything but a turnoff. i hear amazing things about these engines so their value must hold. if its that high of a price i think i might just tell my parents ill pay 10,000 of that car because i want it!. im willing to put that cash in.

Junior Member djbside is on a distinguished road djbside's Avatar

I was lucky enough to find a used 2010 MK6 (in early 2011) that had just over 20K on it and i paid 24K to get it.

I was surprised to see one used at the dealer, and exactly all the features i wanted (except for 6-spd),

We are new to this community and love it! My fiance is a longtime Jetta owner and fanatic. She just bought a 2012 TDI 6 speed for $22,000 from a VW dealership in Florida that had sold and was changing hands. The vehicle is brand new and not a dealer demo. So, based on what I am reading, she got one heck of a deal.

2012 Premium with Navigation manual. 10 miles on it

26,400 out the door

2012 TDI premium 26,300 last week. I tried to haggle but they go so fast in this part of Texas, I'm lucky I didn't have to order it.

Junior Member FYRDOG is on a distinguished road FYRDOG's Avatar

2002/2003 Jetta TDI's with 100k are listing for 8900 in Connecticut. Not many list for more for a week.

26.ooo they go fast in more ways than one LOL

What model did you go with? Just the basic? Premium? Premium with Nav?

Junior Member cameraperson is on a distinguished road cameraperson's Avatar

Got mine for about $22.5k tornado exterior, cornsilk leatherette two tone interior - (((sidenote: There's also a no-haggle place near my house (that I didnt use) that's selling them for about $22.8k))) My car's a midrange model, no sunroof- but it has the winter pkg, heated seats and heated misters, and a midrange non-touchscreen-stereo. 6 speakers. It's awesome. The total price was 24.1k, but they gave me more than I owed on my existing car which was the same as free money. 1.9% financing - super happy, kickass diesel!

stryker professor bruce51d is on a distinguished road bruce51d's Avatar

i just bought mine today, 23,815 was the price, after tax and warranty it came to about 27000. i had never financed a vehicle and i still got a really nice 3.4 interest. mines a manual with no sun roof, but it does have heated seats and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread