Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

How much was did you pay for your 2012 Jetta TDI?

8K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  bruce51d 
#1 ·
Hey everyone im new here. So hopefully im placing this thread in the right spot. anyways i have never owned a volkswagen before in fact my only car is my 2000 Hyundai elentra my parents gave me for grad. high this past summer. but they said they would buy me a new car next year. im really looking into the Jetta and i have made a final decision on getting the TDI. i hear good things about diesel. Can anyone tell me prices they paid for theirs? i want to go to the dealership knowing how low i can go from their price. im looking at a 27,000 ish one right now. hopefully get it down to 20k.

#5 ·
I agree. There is no chance of getting a 2012 Jetta TDI for $20K. Especially with the way fuel prices are continuing to go up. The dealerships want to sell cars but the TDIs are not being given away for cheap. I just bought my 2012 TDI for just below $27K after a 6 year/100K warranty was added in. 2009 Jetta TDIs with 70K miles on them were coming at $19K. The TDIs are definitely holding their value. Good luck

#4 ·
I bought a loaded 2011 Sportswagen TDI using the Costco program for around $27,500 I think.The best deal I could get in Atlanta was $1500 off sticker.I initually stuck my nose up at the Costco program but I figured,it doesn't cost anything to try it.It saved me another $750.I had to go to Montgomery to get it,but it was worth it to me plus I saved another $250 in doc fees.This car is fairly well loaded with navi/moonroof plus the 17s.It is also the DSG automatic.I live in the mtns.of north GA.and love being able to down and upshift the transmission.The transmission gets a little quirky sometimes,but it usually shifts smoothly. I bought my 2011 in Aug or Sept. of 2010.

#6 ·
thanks for the responses guys. took a while but thanks i now have some insight. yea it makes sense now VW diesel is anything but a turnoff. i hear amazing things about these engines so their value must hold. if its that high of a price i think i might just tell my parents ill pay 10,000 of that car because i want it!. im willing to put that cash in.

#8 ·
We are new to this community and love it! My fiance is a longtime Jetta owner and fanatic. She just bought a 2012 TDI 6 speed for $22,000 from a VW dealership in Florida that had sold and was changing hands. The vehicle is brand new and not a dealer demo. So, based on what I am reading, she got one heck of a deal.

#14 ·
Got mine for about $22.5k tornado exterior, cornsilk leatherette two tone interior - (((sidenote: There's also a no-haggle place near my house (that I didnt use) that's selling them for about $22.8k))) My car's a midrange model, no sunroof- but it has the winter pkg, heated seats and heated misters, and a midrange non-touchscreen-stereo. 6 speakers. It's awesome. The total price was 24.1k, but they gave me more than I owed on my existing car which was the same as free money. 1.9% financing - super happy, kickass diesel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.