VW Jetta: ABS Light|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ABS Light

Default ABS Light

Can someone help me, just bought 2000 Jetta. ABS light and brake light come on and blink sometimes, when I stop car and put it in neutral it will stall. First time ABS light blinks radio volume will turn off and dash lights will blink also. Code P0668 came up on diagnostics, when I brought it to place that sold it to me. Any one have same type of problems it seems electrical to me, but I don't know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine does it too. It's my front wheel speed sensor

Sent from my r00ted dr0id
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Default Re: ABS Light

Was your Jetta stalling at stop signs and red lights too?

I have the exact same problem on a 2002 1.8T 120k. When the car is at a stop the ABS light will blink about every 20-30 seconds and interior electronics will reset. If the car is in drive the car will buck and stall. If in neutral it will not stall but electronics will reset. Visible ABS light and ! light on dash for about a second. Front wheel speed sensor? The car has had endless electrical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyt View Post
    I have the exact same problem on a 2002 1.8T 120k. When the car is at a stop the ABS light will blink about every 20-30 seconds and interior electronics will reset. If the car is in drive the car will buck and stall. If in neutral it will not stall but electronics will reset. Visible ABS light and ! light on dash for about a second. Front wheel speed sensor? The car has had endless electrical issues.

cannot think a solution but you must check it first if you know how to check using your manual or the best is to consult your friend knows about car or ask the auto electrician with that.

Asshat Patrol WishingBig is on a distinguished road WishingBig's Avatar

Check your fuse. My ABS light was on for months tried everything almost bought whole new abs system turned out to be a fuse.

And it shouldn't stall, does it idle rough? I'd check your vaccum lines just incase.
    Rides: 2013 Chevrolet Cruze, 1999 Ford Explorer and 1967 Chevrolet C10

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wich fusw

Sent from my r00ted payph0ne using Tapatalk 2
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Asshat Patrol WishingBig is on a distinguished road WishingBig's Avatar

Uh its one of the check engine light fuses.. I can't remember exactly i know when i looked at my diagram it showed it being a check engine light fuse. I'm not sure it will help you guys but who knows hopefully it does lol
    Rides: 2013 Chevrolet Cruze, 1999 Ford Explorer and 1967 Chevrolet C10

I had this issue and found out that one of my sensors had came unplugged.. Plugged it back in after cleaning out road debris and problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Shakin40 View Post
    I had this issue and found out that one of my sensors had came unplugged.. Plugged it back in after cleaning out road debris and problem solved
    That was gonna be my reply, more or less.

Check your wheel speed sensors.

Sent from my *nixnex using Tapafux.

+ Reply to Thread