VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: EuroJet 3" Turboback Exhaust System... worth it? |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EuroJet 3" Turboback Exhaust System... worth it?

Senior Member andres is on a distinguished road andres's Avatar

Default EuroJet 3" Turboback Exhaust System... worth it?

http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/mk...boback-exhaust

Wondering on getting a turbo back exhaust system, ive looked around and i have my eyes on this one, only thing wondering about Stainless steel..

Advice welcome thx

Default Re: EuroJet 3" Turboback Exhaust System... worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by andres View Post
    http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/mk...boback-exhaust

Wondering on getting a turbo back exhaust system, ive looked around and i have my eyes on this one, only thing wondering about Stainless steel..

Advice welcome thx
    I'd say it looks like a good buy, you ever thought of 42 draft designs turboback exhaust? They have some decent gains and they sound mean as hell. Here it is if you wanna take a peek, http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-M...ack_p_192.html

i really like the 42 draft design single tip, would you recommend doing the ceramic bath on those?

i really like the 42 draft design single tip, would you recommend doing the ceramic bath on those?
    Yes i would indeed, single tip would look great and it will always keep a beautiful shine like new.

Senior Member AnnaFD114 is on a distinguished road AnnaFD114's Avatar

http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_mkiv_3.html

i have the 2.5 from here and love it. bit more expensive tho D:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFD114 View Post
    http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_mkiv_3.html

i have the 2.5 from here and love it. bit more expensive tho D:
    A little bit more spendy yess but indeed top of the line turboback exhausts, you get good gains out of it have you felt a difference after installing yours

Yeah the APR seems like couple more $$$, so the million $ question is.... WHICH ONE hahahahahahahhaha, its kinda hard to decide ive heard all 3 in videos.... but none in real life I guess I need to search for a VW meeting here around UCF and get some insight.

Like I dont know if the APR comes with the Ceramic Bath, neither the Eurojet one, thats a big + for the 42 draft design exhaust, yet all 3 will be 3" so they should have the same power gain, some say around 15 - 20 hp.

Besides the sound and performance gain, I just had my CEL turn on with a code for a CAT FAIL @#@# mombojombo, so i guess its a sign from life to change my exhaust heheh

Yeah the APR seems like couple more $$$, so the million $ question is.... WHICH ONE hahahahahahahhaha, its kinda hard to decide ive heard all 3 in videos.... but none in real life I guess I need to search for a VW meeting here around UCF and get some insight.

Like I dont know if the APR comes with the Ceramic Bath, neither the Eurojet one, thats a big + for the 42 draft design exhaust, yet all 3 will be 3" so they should have the same power gain, some say around 15 - 20 hp.

Besides the sound and performance gain, I just had my CEL turn on with a code for a CAT FAIL @#@# mombojombo, so i guess its a sign from life to change my exhaust heheh
    Go with 42 draft design, all same gains your spending more money on the name, i'd say 42 is the perfect choice with ceramic bath

Old thread but I will put my $.02 in. I have the APR 2.5" TBE as well, a little more pricey, but WOW!!!! I gained a few mpg as well, 2-3 but I am sure that replacing the failing Cat had something to do with that. I also noticed that at 70mph the engine is at 3000rpm instead of 3300rpm like it was before the switch.

and with a Lifetime Warranty on the exhaust, how can you go wrong?

Senior Member AnnaFD114 is on a distinguished road AnnaFD114's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PenPen View Post
    Old thread but I will put my $.02 in. I have the APR 2.5" TBE as well, a little more pricey, but WOW!!!! I gained a few mpg as well, 2-3 but I am sure that replacing the failing Cat had something to do with that. I also noticed that at 70mph the engine is at 3000rpm instead of 3300rpm like it was before the switch.
    same as mine. id go with the APR

+ Reply to Thread