Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

first car build ever. where should i start???

5K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Mk4T 
#1 ·
i just bought a 03 jetta gls 1.8t. gunna drive it for abit stock but want to do abit to it. curious as to where i should start and which directions i can take in doing mods??? i see body kits are a no same with projectors. thinking i wanna lower it first than bumpers head/tails joeyd and tinted. i know what i want to do just dont know where to start?? i am in love with this jetta. was also curious as to if there are a forum on different stances for jetta that ppl have already done and messed with? tried searching but didnt find anything that really answered my questions. will be posting some pics later of the car as it is now the car is bone stock and platinum grey. SO SEXXXYY..

#36 ·
Well yeah ofcoarse... Well see I'm just getting ideas.. Got coilovers figured out.. Stance is set.. Yeah I'm working on the headlights.. I'm trying to get a kit so I can do my mom and dads also.. I just don't have any money right now.. Everything keeps falling through. But anyways.. Yeah

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
But everything I do is gonna have to be done in secret cause my mom is trying to tell me I can't do **** to it. Lol when I start building look for the secret build thread Lol

#52 ·
um not posetive. doesnt say on the ad. cant offord them atm. prolly just keep an eye on them. i have an idea of a few places that would have them when i have the money =]

#53 ·
got my intake firgured out going to buy to stuff tomorrow. also looking at 2.5" thrush welded muffler was going to try and put it on the stock exhaust which i beleive is 2".... i would idealy liek the make adapters so i can put the stock muffler back on but am curious if i could make it work or just wait and get the whole exhaust made and than put it on. my buddy put a flowmaster 40 series on his 00 jetta vr6 i think... any difference??

#55 ·
Yeah I like magnaflow sound alot.. But the thrush welded is a fliwmadter 40 series cause the patent ran out few years ago.. And thrush started making them for cheaper.. :D ill let ya know how it sounds

#56 ·
alright so i got a plan. cleaned my headlights got some moisture inside so when i fix that im gunna joey mod them aswell. gunna do my intake when i switch to short throw cause i gotta take the intake off to switch out the linkage. will be keeping my longbeachs will be jb welding them i think, figure it will last longer...i got some color matching planned for the interior and engine bay. exhaust im building custom from the muffler to the turbo, in that order. eventually im going to scheck out dif badgless grills prolly gunna go bar if i do. and will be making MY OWN notch filler aswell. hopefully i can find a job soon so i can start everything out with coilovers. duuuh. lol. mostl of the stuff the start of with will be fixing stuff up that im not happy with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.