VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: 2000 VR6 Good Ol' EPC |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 VR6 Good Ol' EPC

Default 2000 VR6 Good Ol' EPC

Hey guys,

I purchased a 5 speed 2000 VR6 last month. I got it on the cheap because it had an issue with the EPC light. After doing my research, I decided this would probably be an easy fix. Well, it hasn't been. First off, the symptoms. P1542 and P1171 with EPC light on and limp home mode. This happens randomly, not at any specific time or with any specific action. Now, how I've tried to resolve it. Cleaned TB, swapped TB, TB adaptation on both TB's, cleaned MAF, swapped MAF, swapped accelerator pedal and swapped brake light switch. And would you believe the darn EPC keeps coming on with the same codes. What am I missing? What should I try next? Thanks.

Edit: I have also tried a different ECU.

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you tried to clear the codes, then wait to see if the same ones pop up?

Sent from my r00ted dr0id running MIUI
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Yes, I have. Multiple times. As an addendum to my first post, I have also tried a different ECU.

+ Reply to Thread