Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

2001 VW Jetta Engine Temperature Running Hot

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wrenchy 
#1 ·
Hello
I have a 2001 VW Jetta with 193,000 kms on it. I noticed when the engine was running (highway) for about half an hour, the engine temperature rose to 130 degrees and continued displaying this temperature. No warning lights on the dashboard came on. Also, when I parked the car, and turned off the engine, the fan that usually turns on when the engine is turned off did not come on.
Does anyone know what the problem could be? And is this an expensive fix?
Thanks so much!

#4 ·
Oh think yours is in celcius that'd explain it. Well we can't just say its this and problem solved. Start checking things off. That's pretty high mileage, have you had the water pump/thermostat/timing belt done? Also check the coolant. As far as the fan not turning on IDK, could be a relay issue or the fan. If you stick your hand down and turn the fan blades you should feel ni resistance whatsoever i believe. If there's any resistance the fan needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
Gooten morgan
high mileage/? this smiling owner got a new old 92 freeby with 560kk and have been playing with the heating sequence - not sure where the that needl should go in normal- its just below verticle and take a while before thermostat opens and also low speed fan to come on
also in bc Canader
up the replublic- oops thats eire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.