Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

How Much Is My Jetta Worth? - Free Values by a Licensed Appraiser.

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  kennix 
#1 ·
Okay, I'll get to as many of these as I can. Nothing official, but will give you a good idea of what your vehicle is worth. Please fill out the following form, post at least 2 pics and why you need a value. Insurance, Selling, Buying, etc... If it gets to be too big of a thread I may have to pick and choose. These will be quick values, if you need something more solid, let me know and I'll try to help you out. Cut and paste the form below into your post and then fill out the information. I'll post the figures right in the post unless you'd like it to be private, if so, please put "PLEASE PM VALUE" at the bottom of your post. To keep just anyone from popping in and asking for a free value, you must have at least 50 (quality posts, Hi! type posts do not qualify.) posts for me to do a valuation.

Year:
Make:
Model:
Miles:
Factory equipment: moonroof, heated seats, leather etc.

Transmission: auto or stick
Condition of Body on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new:
Condition of Engine on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "doesn't run" and 10 being factory new:
Condition of Transmission on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being major problems and 10 being factory new:
Condition of Glass on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new:
Condition of Wheels on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new:
OVERALL Condition of Vehicle on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being very rough and 10 being factory new:

List all aftermarket equipment and approximate value new (do not include labor):

Type of value: Dealer ACV (Actual Cash Value), Fair Market Retail Value (price the vehicle will normally bring when neither the buyer or seller is under no duress to either buy or sell), Targeted Price to buy vehicle for (high-low range) or, Targeted price to sell. (price to ask for your car if you're selling and the lowest you should take)

(please pick only one type of value.)

why am I doing this? Just giving back for being absent for the last year.

See less See more
#2 ·
Year: 2001
Make: VW
Model: Jetta GLX
Miles: 178xxx
Factory equipment:
Moon/sun roof
Heated leather seats
Climatronic
Power mirrors and seats
Tinted windows
Monsoon 6disc
Rear sun shade
Fog lights
Sure I'm forgetting a bunch of ****...

Transmission: 5spd manual
Condition of Body on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new: I would probably say 5... Rear bumper needs a respray, front end has a bit of road rash. No rust or dents though.
Condition of Engine on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "doesn't run" and 10 being factory new: Not sure, just needs the timing chains serviced but runs strong... 6 or 7?
Condition of Transmission on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being major problems and 10 being factory new: 7, shifts fine.
Condition of Glass on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new: 8 or so, front windshield was replaced within the last few years.
Condition of Wheels on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being beat up and 10 being factory new: Factory wheels? Ha probably like a 3 or 4. They're painted, have minor curbage but the caps are gross and pealing. Hold air though.
OVERALL Condition of Vehicle on scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being very rough and 10 being factory new: 6 or 7 I'd say. Interior is mint as fuqq! haha.

List all aftermarket equipment and approximate value new (do not include labor):
Magnaflow catback exhaust- Not sure, was there when I bought it...
Cold air intake with K&N filter ~$100 with the k&n filter
Poly dogbone mount bushings $30
GLI lip $250
R32 rep sideskirts $160
Smoked sidemarkers $25
Clear repeaters $25
Stubby antenna $15
FK streetline coilovers + suspension refresh ~$475
ESM 004 BBS LM replicas $840
Nitto Neo Gen tires ~$500
Front/back spacers + lug bolts ~$160
GLI tail lights $100
Euroswitch ~$20
OEM Brushed aluminum interior $350

...That's all I can think of at the moment... Just wondering what it'd be to sell it 'cause I'm still not sure I wanna keep the car. You can go ahead and PM me the price, thanks Ken.

Oh yeah, pics

(Don't have current pics with GLI tails or the new skirts on yet...)

#7 ·
Well I definitely can't agree with ya there lol, i'd want to sound as expensive as possible :p BUT I have the receipts for every single thing I've purchased on my car, kept it all for insurance reasons just incase some asshole totaled the car I could demand compensation for all the money I've put into it so it's not like I'd lie about the price.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

#8 ·
sadly aftermarket parts only increase the value of the car in one market. to vwvortex!!! I had so much money in valences alone and i only got 6g for my car. blown transmission, but still. 3g in in paint and body work. and it DID go to an enthusiast.

#9 ·
That's why I've kept all my stock parts. If I get low balled ill accept.... And parts will come off lmao, the only. Things I couldn't change out is the cat back and ecu. I have everything else.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.