Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

2003 jetta gls w/ mods vs subaru wrx impreza bone stock

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shakenrawr 
#1 ·
So my friend and i want to race on the strip soon. My car is a 1.8t gls, 2003 with chip, short ram intake, meghan racing downpipe and straight pipe from there back, turbo inlet tube or w/e and an APR chip. His impreza is 2010 and it is bone stock. I know the only real way to knOw is to take it to the track but i just want a rough idea of my chances

#4 ·
Work out the hp to weight numbers-
Stock 10 wrx 3200 lbs / 265 hp = 12.1 lbs per hp
I'll be generous with the vw
Say 3000 lbs / 235 hp = 12.8 lbs per hp

more lbs per hp means slower. Of course you could try to adjust for drivetrain loss, awd is commonly thought to be around 25%, while fwd loss commonly around 15%, that probably to tips the scales towards the vw. I'll let someone else do that math.

#5 ·
Lucky that your strip lets you race with no muffler. On our street legal night your ride has to be able to pass safety. Anyway launce like a pro and you should be able to get him but it will be close.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

#7 ·
and tires... gotta look at tires to lol but idk i think the wrx will dust you no offense but i just know theyre kinda beasts i really want one that awd to me will make the difference you have to be a great driver to compensate just for that im sorry but i think the wrx will win and i thought jettas were around 3300 pounds?

#8 ·
Yea unless you master launching that thing you're going to lose, I would expect. I think I would lose to a stock wrx just bc I still can't launch this thing for ****, I burn the tires up in 3rd I just haven't gotten it down yet. I had an Audi before this and no effort or skill needed with AWD.

#9 ·
my tires wont spin =( my old summer tires had no grip but my new ones feel like they have spikes so i just kinda go lol which i guess isnt so bad but if im on a hill i make my car jump if im not careful its crazy -_- but yeah youll lose unless youre a pro driver with skills and if you are then awesome beat his ass but i doubt it lol god i want a subaru theyre fun cars my old boss had one was a little beast compared to my jetta XD blue with gold rims was beautiful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.