VW Jetta MKV: Flashing wrench on dash |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashing wrench on dash

Default Flashing wrench on dash

I'm new to this forum and have a Mk V jetta with no manual.

I have a 2007 Jetta 2.0 turbo and recently a wrench comes on flash after start up then goes off after a few seconds. It is on the led part of the instrument panel where the clock, odometers, thermometer are. I have the codes checked but shows none. Is this a maintenance warning or something more serious?

Thanks in advance for the help.

amyrv

Senior Member SLP 13 is on a distinguished road SLP 13's Avatar

From my understanding, the wrench is a reminder for scheduled maintenance. if you already have done the maintenance (oil) try the following to reset it

"With the doors closed put the key in the ignition. Hold down the trip odometer reset button. Turn the key to the on position. You will see the service indicator light (wrench). Press the minute adjustment button. Release the trip odometer reset button."

let me know if that works

Sent from my SGH-T989

Default Re: Flashing wrench on dash

^^ This.

How many miles do you have on it?

Default Re: Flashing wrench on dash

The wrench comes on when you are due for service by time or miles. Find all the reset procedures for the Jettas here:

http://oilresetpro.com/how-to-reset-...t-in-vw-jetta/

They also have a free mobile app that has every vehicle oil maintenance light reset procedures. Super helpful if you are an auto tech doing oil changes everyday. Hope this helps someone.

+ Reply to Thread