VW Jetta MKV: Wrench warning light |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrench warning light

Exclamation Wrench warning light

A warning light with a Wrench Icon next to the odometer just appeared on my Jetta MK5 when I crank the engine.

What does it mean?

Senior Member BK'07GLI is on a distinguished road BK'07GLI's Avatar

Default Re: Wrench warning light

It probably means to service the car, I'm not sure though, I have the mfd that tells me to service it. Check your owners manual, it should be in there.

Senior Member Vee Daab is on a distinguished road Vee Daab's Avatar

Is in on the middle screen? Where the white font is or is it on either gauge cluster?
    2010 VW Jetta 2.5 S Oo=\X/=oO

After changing oil, how do I reset the light? Do I need a scan tool or proprietary code reader to reset (turn off) the light?

Senior Member BK'07GLI is on a distinguished road BK'07GLI's Avatar

The service light? Turn off the car, hold down the trip reset button and turn the car on, while holding it down, then once the car is on, not running, just on, let go and hp;d the m button on the left side of the cluster.

the wrench light on the middle of the dash, color red next to the odometer. dealer told me oil needs to be changed only every 10k miles. It's an $86 oil change at the dealer. I'm guessing they reset the light once they change the oil.

Wrench light comes on when you are due for service. Find all the reset procedures for the Jettas here:

http://oilresetpro.com/how-to-reset-...t-in-vw-jetta/

They also have a free mobile app that has every vehicle oil maintenance light reset procedures. Super helpful if you are an auto tech doing oil changes everyday. Hope this helps someone.

+ Reply to Thread