VW Jetta: MK2 Fault Codes|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK2 Fault Codes

AllShoNoGo Gargamelmk2 is on a distinguished road Gargamelmk2's Avatar
    Summerside,Prince Edward island. C-A-N-A-D-A

Default MK2 Fault Codes

Below is a link to a list of systems commonly found in A2s (including swapped engines), with instructions on how to diagnose and code readout tables for each system.

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/codes.html
    Hidden Content If Nissan motorsports is called Nismo, wouldn't Honda motorsports be called Homo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Driven to win DannyBoy is on a distinguished road DannyBoy's Avatar

Default Re: MK2 Fault Codes

good find! Im going to have to do this to my 1991 mk2. Car runs great but sometimes when i drive the car at highway speeds or over 3 to 4 k rpm my check engine light comes on and then goes away. Does anyone know why this happens?

Digifook. CafeRacer is on a distinguished road CafeRacer's Avatar

Default Re: MK2 Fault Codes

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    good find! Im going to have to do this to my 1991 mk2. Car runs great but sometimes when i drive the car at highway speeds or over 3 to 4 k rpm my check engine light comes on and then goes away. Does anyone know why this happens?
    Even if the light goes off it still stores the code. If you have never cleard any of the codes I would just go ahead and do that first. Then drive it a bit and see if any come back.

On that note Im trying to find a propper mk2 Check engine light / switch for the cool factor. If anyone wants to pop one in the mail I'd be happy tp pay pal.

+ Reply to Thread