Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Which tune should I go with? Opinions?

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  kevinmkIIIgti 
#1 ·
Hey everyone
I was just wondering one which tune you all would recommend on using if I wanted to chip my car. I'm looking into getting it chipped within the the 3 months.

I was thinking about going with either APR, Unitronic, or Gonzo.
I could use some feedback because I don't know which one to go with.
Thanks!

#6 ·
thats kinda confusing lol. gonzo now has a loaner cable he sends you and you plug up your computer to your car and he ties into your computer and remotely tunes ur car from your own house. its the most convenient and i love my tune. and its cheaper. you didnt mention which engine you have. i know skimmer swears by his vr6 tune and i love my 1.8t tune. i havent had any others to compare but mine feels great. and no throttle surge either like ive heard others have.

#8 ·
Sorry guy for the late reply. I've been busy sanding my rims all weekend.
My car has the 1.8t AWW motor.
And that is pretty impressive that he sends the cable over and remotely tunes your car.
What I meant by "can I turn the boost up myself," say I am running 18psi. Could I turn it up to 22psi myself?
And with the GONZO tune, would I just go straight to stage 2+ or just start off with stage 2?

#15 ·
Probably not seeing as the boost is still being electronically controlled by the ECU. Also remember that when you manually turn up the boost (and this goes for any FI car) you are not turning up the fuel. So you're getting more air and the same amount of fuel AKA running lean. Which isn't good for the engine. BTW if you need a 4 bar let me know I've got a brand new bosch spare I can sell you. Planned on getting the 2+ but decided on getting a new car.

#17 ·
you shouldnt need a 4bar. i have gonzo stage 2 pushing 21lbs of boost and im still a little rich if anything. if you get a bigger turbo then youd need to look into that. the injectors if im not mistaken are around 315cc stock @3bar and about 360cc @ 4bar. if you go with unitronic i believe they have an adjustible tune that you could adjust the timing and so on yourself if you were to go 4bar later, but i personally wouldnt suggest it unless the tuner specifies to. look on everyones website at their recommended upgrades to compliment their tune. all say 3bar minus the stage 3 415cc file from unitronic which only requires 3.5bar. just do some research. its a 50/50 chance. there are tons of people that say it help and others say it makes things worse.

#21 ·
Figure I might chime in here if you have any questions related to our software in particular. I checked out your mod list and you're good to go in regard to our Stage 2 where all we require is a Downpipe and an Intake.

If you plan on running catless (purely for offroad usage of course ;) ) we do offer emissions deletes and the CEL will not come on so there is no need for an 02 Spacer like you are running now to try to get that CEL to disappear. We also offer upgrade pricing if you plan on going K04/2+ in the future. Let me know if you have any questions!

#24 ·
I have gonzos stage 2+ with the emissions deletes(evap/Sai) and I passed inspection no issues. Car is powerful enough(for 210k on it lol) has the switchable tunes, and 2 step launch if ya wanted it. Also cheaper in price than competing companies. I've also had giac x+ and uni stage 2 and other flashes by them. I really liked unitronic and giac aswell. So it's all personal preference. I know gonzo is cheaper in price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#26 ·
I just recently put a Motoza Performance Tune on my car. I did the stage 1+. At the moment the are revising my tune so that it fits my car properly. As of right now I am running about 215HP based on their "Dyno" through the OBDII port. The customer service is extremely good, they have called me every time they needed something and even walked me through the steps while I was doing it. The tune cost me $380, I think it's well worth it for the price. My boost has gone up to 16-18Lbs and the throttle response is ridiculous. I would recommend Motoza for sure. www.motozaperformance.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.