VW Jetta: Rear bumper cover & trim|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear bumper cover & trim

Default Rear bumper cover & trim

YO,

Recently I brilliantly backed into my brothers car in our driveway. My rear bumper cover is scuffed up more than I'd like. So I'm going to do an insurance claim but do the repair myself.
    I drive a 2004.5 GLS, so I have the chrome trim on my MKIV like the 2005 GLIs do. I found a bangin deal on an already painted black bumper cover but I dont think the trim will match. I'm pretty sure there's a way to remove the unscaved chrome trim from my current bumper and put it on the new one that I have my eyes on. I'll also be taking the veilance off of it too, ideally to be replaced with GLI veilance but whatever works, really.

So, how do I go about doing that? Thanks gize!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Rear bumper cover & trim

Patience and a small flat head screwdriver, bumper off the car obviously

Will I be able to transfer the chrome trim onto any mkiv rear bumper cover or do I need to get a special bumper cover to accomplish this?

The rubstrips mount the same

Senior Member sku11vw07 is on a distinguished road sku11vw07's Avatar

It's easier to remove the whole rub strip then just trying to take the aluminum chrome trim off. Trying to take just the trim off will result in it bending and it will be hard to bend back. Also it's held on with adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volkswagens dont leak oil, they mark their territory

+ Reply to Thread