VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: AC compressor clutch not engaging |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC compressor clutch not engaging

Default AC compressor clutch not engaging

03 jetta 1.8t checked the fusses. Radiator fans do come on when AC button is pressed. It seems to have enough pressure in system. Relays are under dash board but i do not know which one controls AC. Any help with any of this would be appreciated. Thanks

Senior Member richie1.8TnAZ is on a distinguished road richie1.8TnAZ's Avatar

From what I read there aren't any relays. Have you checked the pressure switch? The fuse panel on top of the battery also could have a bad fuse. Ive changed my fcm, pressure switch, and checked all fuses but my clutch still wouldn't engage. I tested my compressor and it seems to have a bad coil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: AC compressor clutch not engaging

Thanks I looked up relays for the car and VW does sell one for the AC. I thinks I will call VW and ask some questions.The fuses on the battery look fine. How did you check the compressor?

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Might be fan control module. Or just high pressure in your system. Try to recharge first

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Jetta Junkie Moderator pow3r hour has disabled reputation pow3r hour's Avatar

pressure switch is an option. Have you jumped power to your compressor to make sure the compressor isnt bad? And checked for power to to compressor? Hows the charge, do you know for sure the proper amount of refrigerant is in there?

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also spin the clutch to make sure jt moves freely

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Thanks to everyone. I will spin the clutch by hand to see whats going on. Can I simple unplug the compressor and hot wire it? I will also check the voltage I am getting to the compressor. I will let you know. Thanks Its my sons car and I don,t have access to it all the time. Between getting the secondary air pump working and the door lock unit better it seems that the AC has taken a back seat.

Jetta Junkie Moderator pow3r hour has disabled reputation pow3r hour's Avatar

yes you can hot wire it from the battery or something and force it to engage to make sure it works.

Fukenmüven great_kicker is on a distinguished road great_kicker's Avatar

i had a similar problem, i replaced the fan control module, the pressure switch, got the system recharged, no dice. Finally took it to the dealer and turns out the fuse panel on the battery had failed, the fuses were all still good, but the panel did not work any more. My engine temperature would also go way up if left the car running without it moving.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...?id=1249372378 ADD me
    http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/show...b-rg-6162.html
    your jetta will transform...into a transformer...and transform your ass hole into the grand canyon

+ Reply to Thread