Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

AC compressor clutch not engaging

14K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  great_kicker 
#1 ·
03 jetta 1.8t checked the fusses. Radiator fans do come on when AC button is pressed. It seems to have enough pressure in system. Relays are under dash board but i do not know which one controls AC. Any help with any of this would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
From what I read there aren't any relays. Have you checked the pressure switch? The fuse panel on top of the battery also could have a bad fuse. Ive changed my fcm, pressure switch, and checked all fuses but my clutch still wouldn't engage. I tested my compressor and it seems to have a bad coil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
Thanks to everyone. I will spin the clutch by hand to see whats going on. Can I simple unplug the compressor and hot wire it? I will also check the voltage I am getting to the compressor. I will let you know. Thanks Its my sons car and I don,t have access to it all the time. Between getting the secondary air pump working and the door lock unit better it seems that the AC has taken a back seat.

#9 ·
i had a similar problem, i replaced the fan control module, the pressure switch, got the system recharged, no dice. Finally took it to the dealer and turns out the fuse panel on the battery had failed, the fuses were all still good, but the panel did not work any more. My engine temperature would also go way up if left the car running without it moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.