Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1990 MK2 Jetta 1.8 Swap 98' and 5 Speed Diesel Swap

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LocoMoco 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up my 90' Jetta GL form my off road VW motor and transmission builder. He spent alot of time and effort in this car swapping the motor with a 98' 1.8 and a 5 speed Diesel Transmission. The springs are Neuspeed (Red) and Bilstein Shocks from a MK3 GTI. Supposedly they handle better on the Jetta's due to weight distribution as opposed to the GTI's. It has a Magnaflow Resonator and Muffler. Unfortunately a CAT will be going in with in the next week for smog (CA :mad:). I had to swap some old rims out with some new and of course no one had the lock nuts. SO about 3 hours of drilling and removing the aftermarket studs were in order. Im in the car about $2000 with new wheel and tires plus car itself. Only has 60k on swap. I am new to the Jetta World, but not the VW World. Had a few BUGs.

Interested to see what you guys think about the swap and if there is anything I should be aware of with this specific motor and tranny?

Thanks!
Loco Moco
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Toyota corolla e80

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.