VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Speaker and Radio wiring? |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speaker and Radio wiring?

Default Speaker and Radio wiring?

Can anyone tell me were I can locate the speaker and radio wires / diagram for my 04 Jetta?
    I have a diagram of what colors they are, I would think that they are all bundled together, just wondering if anyone has a picture or someway of locating them under the dash.

Thanks

AllShoNoGo Gargamelmk2 is on a distinguished road Gargamelmk2's Avatar
    Summerside,Prince Edward island. C-A-N-A-D-A

Default Re: Speaker and Radio wiring?

Pull the deck out, unplug it(theres your wires)...only reasonable option I can think of..
    Is it the monsoon sound system or the regular set up?...be sure you have the proper color codes, heres a link to a free stereo diagram site.
    http://www.modifiedlife.com/2001-vol...monsoon-audio/
    If Nissan motorsports is called Nismo, wouldn't Honda motorsports be called Homo?

its not the monsoon. i was hoping i could tap into them under neath behind the fuse box if i could. i have the wiring diag from that website for the radio, and the color combos, i think i see what i need i was just hoping for some clearification.

AllShoNoGo Gargamelmk2 is on a distinguished road Gargamelmk2's Avatar
    Summerside,Prince Edward island. C-A-N-A-D-A

Why do you want to tap in there?..what are you hooking up?
    If Nissan motorsports is called Nismo, wouldn't Honda motorsports be called Homo?

i have an older bazooka sub that i would like to put in. it hooks into the right and left front speaker. it sounds wierd but i use to have it in my isuzu and it works great, thats how i had it hooked up and thats how the directionssay to do it.
    so if i can get to the wires somewhere near the fuse box, i can tie in power there, the speaker wires, and the aux power on. all of which come out of the back of the radio and go soemwhere.
    I see about 5 connectors on the side behind the fuse box, above all the power cables/fuses. are they aany i should look at?

Senior Member Cybe is on a distinguished road Cybe's Avatar

You shouldn't draw the power from the fusebox -- you should run a lead to your positive battery terminal, and fuse it seperately there (as close to the battery as possible.)

For wiring resources,
    http://www.the12volt.com
    http://www.alldata.com

Or, find a Metra harness that fits the factory harness. It'll tell you what's what as far as the speaker wiring and power/dimmer/accessory/switched 12v are concerned.

On the Metra side of the harness, blue is usually your switched 12v (also called ignition, or 'remote' wire. It's what tells your sub's amplifier that the car is on, and that it's okay to draw power from the battery.)

+ Reply to Thread