VW Jetta: 2009 Jetta Owner -- iPhone question|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 Jetta Owner -- iPhone question

Smile 2009 Jetta Owner -- iPhone question

Hello!

I have a 2009 Jetta with a factory installed ipod adapter in the glove compartment. My ipod works fine in it but....

my iPhone doesn't fit! I am looking for what type of adapter I need to connect the iphone to the ipod adapter...

can anyone post a link to an ebay item....or any item for that matter...I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

THANK YOU.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 2009 Jetta Owner -- iPhone question

Not sure as I am new to VW. But I do know that in our other vehicles it is more an Apple issue. The software that came with the car was not set up for the new 3G phones. Not sure you will find a cheap work around on this.

Wink Re: 2009 Jetta Owner -- iPhone question

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawg View Post
    Not sure as I am new to VW. But I do know that in our other vehicles it is more an Apple issue. The software that came with the car was not set up for the new 3G phones. Not sure you will find a cheap work around on this.
    It's not a software issue, the connector physically doesn't fit.

Anyone else have any ideas

Member Dpunisher95 is on a distinguished road Dpunisher95's Avatar

I have a 2006 and I got my kit installed like a month ago, I am able to plug my iPhone as well as my wife's iPod it's the same connection so I don't know what kind of kit or why the phone does not fit is the same exact plug. Can you connect any iPods?

I think it'll work... sdlucky7 is on a distinguished road sdlucky7's Avatar

This is an issue in many iPod/iPhone interfaces. Check the paperwork that came with yours (or in your car's manual) to see if the interface is even made to work with the iPhone (or 3G for that matter). Not all of them are, and no adapter is going to work if the interface itself is not made for what you are trying to plug in.

http://www.westcoasteuroclub.com

I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't like to arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself.

- Diane Arbus

Member Dpunisher95 is on a distinguished road Dpunisher95's Avatar

Well when they sold me the kit the dealer rep said that it was not going to work with the iPhone and I was fine with it but so far it works fine with the Iphone first gen, Iphone 3g, ipod Classic and ipod nano becuase they all have the same connection.

Quote Originally Posted by x97melbourne View Post
    Hello!

I have a 2009 Jetta with a factory installed ipod adapter in the glove compartment. My ipod works fine in it but....

my iPhone doesn't fit! I am looking for what type of adapter I need to connect the iphone to the ipod adapter...

can anyone post a link to an ebay item....or any item for that matter...I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

THANK YOU.

I have the same problem vw jetta 2009 and my ipod classic 80 gig
    It fits but it is really tight... + it does not display the artist's and song ide tags

Does anybody know of a "advanced" adapter + docking station that would accommodate the ipod a bit better??

+ Reply to Thread