VW Jetta: VW R32 vs. VW GTI 337|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VW R32 vs. VW GTI 337

Junior Member cxramire is on a distinguished road cxramire's Avatar

Talking VW R32 vs. VW GTI 337

idk if anyone knows about the 2002 VW GTI 337 but im a VW freak and i know alot about alot about VW but yeah this 2002 GTI 337 is a golf its like the R32 but its only front wheel drive they only made 1500 for the US in 2002 and they are pretty rare to come by so if you ever come across one like i just did buy it like i hope to do. but tell me what you think about this match up google them both and look at there stats it would be a great match up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Euro Snob Vixen is on a distinguished road Vixen's Avatar

Default Re: VW R32 vs. VW GTI 337

I think we're all VW freaks here haha.

And the R32 would spank the 337. 337 only has a 20v 1.8T engine, with 180hp. The R32 has a 3.2L 24v VR6 with 237bhp and 236 ft-lb of torque, not to mention AWD.

Not really a competition in my eyes.
    IMD | IG @VixenVR6 | sLoww MK4 VR6 RIP | MK6 2.5 SEL

not your typical air ride DasBohan is on a distinguished road DasBohan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cxramire View Post
    idk if anyone knows about the 2002 VW GTI 337 but im a VW freak and i know alot about alot about VW but yeah this 2002 GTI 337 is a golf its like the R32 but its only front wheel drive they only made 1500 for the US in 2002 and they are pretty rare to come by so if you ever come across one like i just did buy it like i hope to do. but tell me what you think about this match up google them both and look at there stats it would be a great match up!
    hahaha are you sure you are? The 337 is just a regular gti. Its just got valences and coated rcs.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Boost Addicted Hidden Content
    All girlfriends are legal. Its just what you do with them that may be questionable lol
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by OregonDweller Hidden Content
    he just wants all your scene points Ryan, careful.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Cowboy BigJ389 is on a distinguished road BigJ389's Avatar

i would pick the R32 any day...
    2006 Jetta 2.5l (daily) 1987 Golf 1.8 8v (project)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by DasBohan Hidden Content
    And neon lights? Remember how badass you thought you were with those light up sketchers. But then you realized you were just emphasizing and highlighting the fact that you were wearing shin high socks, ugly ass power ranger shorts, a snotty tshirt and casio wrist watch? Yeah thats what your mitsubishi eclipse looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBohan View Post
    hahaha are you sure you are? The 337 is just a regular gti. Its just got valences and coated rcs.

The 337 is just the coupe hatch version of the GLI... So Ryan is 100% correct.. FWD, 180 horsepower.

Horrible match up. Numbers don't match, drivetrain doesn't match... The only thing they share is a basic platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    T
    Horrible match up.
    x2
    both dope cars for sure. research might help next time
    "are you guys saying you change your wheels every summer and winter.."

vr build:
    Hidden Content !!!
    old mk3:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Addicted View Post
    The 337 is just the coupe hatch version of the GLI... So Ryan is 100% correct.. FWD, 180 horsepower.

Horrible match up. Numbers don't match, drivetrain doesn't match... The only thing they share is a basic platform.
    The only reason i would ever really own a 337 is to sell the coated rcs and steal a L from a GLI so i could call my vw the L337 wagen.
    All girlfriends are legal. Its just what you do with them that may be questionable lol

The only reason i would ever really own a 337 is to sell the coated rcs and steal a L from a GLI so i could call my vw the L337 wagen.
    You would..... You would... lol.

Euro Snob Vixen is on a distinguished road Vixen's Avatar

Lol please do this.
    IMD | IG @VixenVR6 | sLoww MK4 VR6 RIP | MK6 2.5 SEL

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    Lol please do this.
    pretty happy with the jolf at the moment. When im ready to get another vw it WILL have historic plates.

I know this is an old thread and I am a NEWB - looking for 2002 GTI 337 expertise/knowledge..... the VIN on the GTI we bought says it is a 337 edition & it does in fact have the factory lowered springs - but those are the only 2 things confirming it is a 337 - I feel pretty solid about the VIN reporting correctly - but the car is black, has a sunroof, does not have body effect lowers front and side, has factory 17" rims, has nice leather bucket seats, but not the recaro, does not have the brushed aluminum dash parts or pedals. So - is this maybe an early 2002 release of the 337 ? Looks like manf & original delivery date is 10/30/2001 - excited to have a 337 - but bummed it doesn't have all what the claimed 337 is supposed to have.... cool & fun car - what brought all this to light is - we found a broke rear coil spring & it seems since only 1500 of these imported to the US - finding a used coil spring is going to be like impossible - so will have to eat the dealer price. Any thoughts and insights to 337 expertise & validation this is an early edition 337 - thank you all kindly for the many many years late dropping into this thread

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

the parts could have been stripped from the car, there rare parts and people pay top dollar for them
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

+ Reply to Thread