VW Jetta: Auto to Manual Swap for my 2002 Jetta 1.8T|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto to Manual Swap for my 2002 Jetta 1.8T

Default Auto to Manual Swap for my 2002 Jetta 1.8T

Okay guys I have been reading up on transmission swaps for my Jetta 1.8t auto and hope I found a good way to do it but need your help.

As everyone know Audi and VW are under the same roof and the A4 has the same engine but I know that the engine is mounted a different way in the engine bay. Could I still get away with using a transmission from the manual A4.

I know most would say to just scrap the car and get ahold of something already manual but I am up for the challenge of the swap and will do an entire DIY write-up when I finish.

If I can't use the A4 manual transmission does anyone has a suggestion as to what transmission I need to look for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Auto to Manual Swap for my 2002 Jetta 1.8T

Do you know of the forum vwvortex? There are people on there that have put audi's quatros transmission into mk4 jettas. Get on there and search around. I dont think any one here has done that.
    Once you go boost, Ya dont go back!

+ Reply to Thread