Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

GreekDrifter's Car blog

41K views 281 replies 31 participants last post by  GreekDrifter91 
#1 · (Edited)
Car: 1996 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Color: (LG6S) Sequoia Green Metallic
Transmission: Manual 5 Speed
History: My brother had it for 4 years, and yes its a hand-me-down and i got it for free.:p he got in a tiny accident and hit the guard rail on an exit ramp when it was raining so, got to fix the dents and scratches:mad:

Upgrades: TO-DO

Performance:
- Short Ram Intake
- Hi flow Cat
- Hi flow Exhaust Header
- suspension
- this is a big "IF" a supercharger
- Short Shifter
- Replace drum brakes with disk brakes
- SeaFoam
- Slick 150

Exterior:
- New Grill
- touch up paint
- remove antenna/stubby dont know yet.
- Rims for the summer
- replace my broken driver side rear view mirror
- fix rattling heat shield
- new head lights
- fix dents

Interior:
- Paint all the plastic new color
- new pedals
- a good cleaning of the seats

Upgrades: Complete

Performance:
- Hi flow cat-back exhaust Magnaflow

Exterior:
- in the process of paint touch up

Interior:
- CD player
- new door lock knobs (they need to be painted, there blue)

Pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Well i got pull this out from the depths of page 10. so a little update from when i first posted this

Upgrades: TO-DO

Performance:
- Short Shifter
- Replace drum brakes with disk brakes
- chip
- 16v header
- Cam(s) if above happens
- springs
- SeaFoam
- Slick 150

Exterior:
- touch up paint
- Rims for the summer (working on polishing my rims)
- replace my broken driver side rear view mirror
- new head lights
- fix dents
- slim boser

Interior:
- Paint all the plastic new color
- new pedals

Upgrades: Complete

Performance:
- 2.25"
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
- custom made Short Ram Intake
- changed out my garbage shocks and struts with cheap KYB's

Exterior:
- in the process of paint touch up
- fix rattling heat shield
- removed antenna for a cleaner look (its not what you think)
- i just ordered a badgeless grill
- i also ordered a can of VHT nightshades (im going to black out the orange on my tails, side markers and maybe the false fogs/ turn signals)

Interior:
- CD player
- new door lock knobs (they need to be painted, there blue)
- a good cleaning of the seats

#3 ·
so i just thought i would move some pics and videos over here.

also at some point in time im going to post some pics of my car becasue over my spring break i painted it put the new grill on and tinted some stuff. but i cant becasue its been raining for the last couple of days.

so this is after stock and i made my custom intake.

then came the heat shield and air duct

more pics and videos to come of my mods when the weather clears up.

#4 ·
So here are the pics as promised. tell me what you think of my car. cars alittle dirty but its still good.

also i have finished polishing my steelies i just have to go get them balanced and get new valve stems. hopefully i can get that done this week.

my next to do, is the interior.

#5 ·
:( no ones got nothing to say about my car, this is depressing. lol

so what do you guys think i should do for the interior i was think that i should black out every thing that is plastic then do some kind of cloth for everything else but it has to have green in it. and i cant really find many cool materials that have green in it except for some checkerboard stuff.

#7 ·
so im doing the interior of my car and this is the cloth i bought to do my head liner, door cards, and shift/brake boot. i have to order more so i can do the rear shelf and i want to wrap the head rests in it too.

it matches great with the tan/beige interior

so here is my question i want to paint the plastic trim but dont know what color to do it in. also the dash and console area. i was thinking of bring in the outside color in like do the oh **** bars green like the out side and a few peices on the consle dash area what do you think?

#9 ·
those tips came welded on from the manufacturer.

and i have a full cat-back. actualy i dont know what model number mine is bceasue my brother bought it when he had the car. i have a friend who has a magnaflow cat-back and his tips are oval and its sounds a little different and he also put in a TT 265* cam and chip and now its sounds even more different. lol i dont know what model he has either.

heres a example i found of my exhaust. dont know if its the same model or not.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-22296486597181_2100_26064962

#12 ·
#16 ·
thanks i think it turned out great. i do have to give credit to my mom though she did the sewing for the shift and brake boots.

nice, did you take the door panels off to do that?
yes i did take the door panels off.

#17 ·
so i finaly had some time to do some recording of the intake with Heatshield and stuff.

ENJOY

this is with my custom intake and heatshield.
(also i always have my engine at OP temp before running it rough, just in case some one says somthing about running it like that with a cold engine)

for comparison this was with stock airbox. \/

back to my custom stuff

i also should have added these links a long time ago.

DIY Intake

DIY HeatShield & air duct

#18 ·
Im having a change of heart on my paint scheme i do like my green and flat black that i did on the car but im thinking i should repaint all the black to flat white including the handles, side mirrors and the black part on the trunk. what do you guys think?

heres the car now so you can try to imagine it with white.

and i want to add the white to where the black plastic, on the plate tub, and around the lights frame.

i think it would make my car pop more. I have been playing around with the idea in my head for a few weeks now but not sure if i want to do it.

#19 ·
The car looks good in green. The problem is you need to lower that ***** !!lol
Its all about the stance . you will see it a lot different when its dropped 2+ inches. I know I did . What did you use to get the textured look on the bumpers or are they swapped for the actual items. They look great !! I want to get mine like that to finish my panda look lol

#20 ·
i went to home depot and bought rustolium flat black and sprayed it on.;)

well the lowering will be done soon enough just waiting to get done with some other projects before i move on to that.

i do think the flat white would look badass but i dont no yet. i want some more opinions.

#24 ·
Looks good! I like them. They got a gunmetal color too them, they look cool man. good job. Car is coming along!

OH and EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the flat white idea.

#27 ·
So i just ordered the $40 raceland springs tonight. i bought them not to lower the car but just to even it out and to get a little better ride quality because my springs are done for. i wasn't looking to slam my car either so im happy. lets just see what there like when i get them.

they do lower a little though 35mm or 1.37795276 inches

#30 ·
yea i cant wait for them to come in.

after installing the strut bar I can tell you I love it, and it isn't even installed fully. I still need to drill 2 more holes and tighten it. Though it's just a little loose right now, I can tell mild differences in turns. It's like my car sweeps through turns. I like it. Now just to get some coilovers, and cross-drilled brakes haha. you'd definitely love it too bud!
i really do want a strut bar but its probably going to wait till im done with the 16v swap. so i can find out what bar to get that will fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.