VW Jetta: 2013 Jetta TDI to GLI conversion complete|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Jetta TDI to GLI conversion complete

Default 2013 Jetta TDI to GLI conversion complete

After 6 months I have finally completed my TDI to GLI conversion, just finished having the rear bumper installed and the fog lights wired up. Did the apr stage 1 tune, lowered it by 1.5 inches, runs like a champ. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetta1.jpg‎
Views:	273
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	25426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetta2.jpg‎
Views:	260
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	25434  

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 Jetta TDI to GLI conversion complete

Lookin good
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

I'm going to post some better photos soon, I took these quickly with my phone while at a friends house.

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Regardless of the quality the car looks good
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Senior Member VDubLaFontaine is on a distinguished road VDubLaFontaine's Avatar

Very nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Did you have to get the GLI fender liners, or did the TDI ones work out? What about the deflector?

Quote Originally Posted by IdoSeaDoo View Post
    Did you have to get the GLI fender liners, or did the TDI ones work out? What about the deflector?
    You only need the front bumper cover, grille, and fog light stuff, there are < $500.00 kits on Ebay,
    painting is extra. Then you have the rear bumper cover, and voila, you have a GLI look. The GLI
    is the same car as the same year TDI, "S", SEL, with the different front fascia and rear... The
    difference would be a golf or wagon, as the fender is different, to accommodate the different
    headlamps.

Cool, thanks. I ordered one of those kits last week, and it came with all the stuff, except the front bumper came with headlight washer holes. There were associated tubes attached inside and the bumper couldn't even be mounted. The caps fit horribly, and I had to send it back to the ebay seller. Funny thing is his pictures didn't have it in there, and neither did the descriptions mention it. Ask before you buy one of these kits. Other than the caps, the quality was okay. One of the fog lights wasn't fitting quite perfectly, but I believe I could have modified it to and make it fit. Got another one coming from a different vendor. Hope this one works...

+ Reply to Thread