VW Jetta: How to adjust shifter in 1984 Jetta|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to adjust shifter in 1984 Jetta

Default How to adjust shifter in 1984 Jetta

I replaced the clutch, etc. in my '84 Jetta diesel, non turbo, and now the shifting linkage is "off." When I try to shift into 1st it goes into 3rd, most of the time. I have to struggle with it to make it go into 1st. How can I adjust this linkage? A picture would be great! Thanks. Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How to adjust shifter in 1984 Jetta

There doesn't seem to be anyone out there that can answer my question so I bought a Haynes Manual and found the answer. Sorry I bothered to post on this site. I was hoping I had found a site that would help me with my efforts to repair and maintain my VW diesels, which include a VW Pick-Up, and maybe help some older VW owners with parts I purchased when a VW dealer near Kansas City sold out several years ago. Most of the stuff is for older VWs including two "pull shades" for a VW Bus, fenders, hoods, Baja kit for air cooled Bugs, engine overhaul kit for air cooled bugs, AC compressors, AC condensers, AC evaporators, AC hoses, various cables, windows, clutch and pressure plate assemblies, just to name a few. I guess I'll let the e-bayers have it. Disappointed!

+ Reply to Thread