VW Jetta: 2002 Jetta TDi automatic transmission interchange?|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Jetta TDi automatic transmission interchange?

Default 2002 Jetta TDi automatic transmission interchange?

My transmission went bad. Is the 1.9 TDi interchangeable with the 2002 Jetta 2.0 or any others?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 2002 Jetta TDi automatic transmission interchange?

I would assume not since the manual TDI's have different gearing than the manual 2.0's. 5th gear is different, atleast.

So I'd ASSUME not, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone more TDI knowledgable will chime in lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksidedub View Post
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    I will fight you.

Jetta TDI Str8whiteboi is on a distinguished road Str8whiteboi's Avatar

Boost is right. You can't use any but the TDI transmission because of the gearing. You can only use the TDI.

Shawn
    step one: slam it
    step two: make a sandwich

pötHoLe crew.

You can always swap in a manual trans from another TDI. Theres a guy on TDIclub.com who does it for $2500 parts and labor included.

+ Reply to Thread