VW Jetta MKIII/MK3: CV axle bolts|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CV axle bolts

Angry CV axle bolts

I'm trying to replace the cv axles on my 97 jetta gl, but I'm having trouble taking out the bolts on the inner joint. Has anybody had a similar problem? I don't know what kind of bit to use on them, I tried hex bits and star bits but none of them work! It's breaking my head any advice? Anyone?

Default Re: CV axle bolts

Yessir. Those bolts take a tripple square bit.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Trip...re_Bit/ES9013/

I think German Auto Parts sells them too but I couldn't find them on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksidedub View Post
    come on dude really? most states in this country dont require a front plate. some states dont require an inspection sticker. new york just wants our money. i may as well leave the house with my pants down so i can make it a lil easier for this state to f**k me in the a$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    I will fight you.

Senior Member Green '95 is on a distinguished road Green '95's Avatar

tripple squares and use a pick to clean the heads of them out before you try breaking them loose. Helps to prevent stripping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Green '95 View Post
    tripple squares and use a pick to clean the heads of them out before you try breaking them loose. Helps to prevent stripping them.

Do you know what size they are?

Senior Member Green '95 is on a distinguished road Green '95's Avatar

pretty sure they are 8mm triple square. If you don't have put much pressure on them a 6mm allen wrench will also work.

Cool Re: CV axle bolts

You can buy the 8mm triple squares from napa auto parts too. If the store near doesnt have them, another one around you will

if your talking about the bolts that are on the inner side of the axle that your cant get to, put the car in neutral and spin the axle until you can get to them and put it back in park so it doesnt move on you. i literally just did my passenger side yesterday lol

Senior Member redbeard is on a distinguished road redbeard's Avatar

triple square is correct. i bought all the bolts and the bit from german auto parts. and i do believe the bentley says replace the bolts. i swapped to gti axles and i had to cut the head off of one of the bolts and it was a pita overall.

+ Reply to Thread