Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Vixens not so vr6 mk6... Thread

11K views 52 replies 8 participants last post by  Skimmer0220 
#1 ·
Making this to document any stuff I do to the new car since DIYs are very scarce for the mk6. So far all I've done is put my bandana on the shifter and plug in my radar detector haha. Will post pics when I feel like taking some and it isn't snowing.

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
I'm happy your problem is fixed. Even though it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place...

I held on to my last mk4 forever before I sold it. I'm happy it went to a city far away!

I looked for you at eurowerks but didn't see you. Did you go?

#41 · (Edited)
Didn't end up making it. Had some battery issues with Ian's GLI so that didn't end up going and I had some family stuff come up last minute. Might try to make it up for a day for campwerks, depends on how cold it is haha.

#42 ·
Gonna bite the bullet and get VAGCOM so I can fix some odd and ends and not have to worry about taking it into the dealer. Cruise control stopped working and I still gotta do the rear door lock fix. After all that **** is taken care of I plan on doing an IRS swap, so I'm keeping my eyes out for a totaled mk6 with no rear end damage haha.

Also trying to decide if I want to get my wheels redrilled or just sell them and get something different. Not sure if I like the LM style wheels on the mk6 body style or not. I kind of like the concave look on the 6, more specifically something like this...

#44 ·
Just get the right width and tires this time. 18s work for mk6s
Psh I had the right wheel sizes last time, just not the right tire sizes haha. Not too sure on what offsets look good on a mk6 yet though. Stock offset is somewhere in the high 40's isn't it? I would still like a little rear poke like I had on my mk4.

#45 ·
So I did end up getting VAGCOM. Haven't had a whole lot of time to really do much though. I did run a scan but neither my rear door or my cruise control were throwing any fault codes so that's annoying. Door continues to work intermittently, cruise just doesn't. Also took advantage of ECS's LED sale they had last week and grabbed a full interior kit along with some license plate lights, put those in today and damn is it a nice little upgrade. Got the Schwaben interior removal tools as well and those made things 100 times easier. Also taking advantage of ECS's coilover sale and gonna grab some JOM's or FK's. Can't stand the wheel gap and I'm hoping lowering it will make me like it more lol. I may or may not have contacted a machine shop about redrilling my wheels as well... At least until I have a bit saved up for a new set and tires. Still keeping my eye out for a totalled 6 for an IRS swap, not gonna bother with an exhaust until that is done.

Safe to say the VW bug has bit me once again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.