Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

What is my bolt pattern?

21K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DasBohan 
#1 ·
How do ik wat my bolt pattern is if im looking for a new set of rims?
i have a 2000 Jetta GL 2.0

#5 ·
On a related topic...are those wheel spacers necessary for every vehicle? I'm curious because I always see those and camber kits mentioned when people talk about rims. Personally I don't mind my stock for now, I'd rather get lowered first. However, I do occasionally look around for deals and consider buying rims. The spacers I would imagine are necessary because of rim backspacing? But does the jetta require them for everything other than stock or does it matter based on the rims?

#6 ·
On a related topic...are those wheel spacers necessary for every vehicle? I'm curious because I always see those and camber kits mentioned when people talk about rims. Personally I don't mind my stock for now, I'd rather get lowered first. However, I do occasionally look around for deals and consider buying rims. The spacers I would imagine are necessary because of rim backspacing? But does the jetta require them for everything other than stock or does it matter based on the rims?
its rim based as well as personal preference. If youve got some stretch and wanna get the stance just right its common to get the rims sitting just inside the wheel well which is gonna require some space. Some drivers like them snug just within its all up to your personal preference for look. Ive got stock rims and run 18mm in the rear but until i get 17s on and have some stretch ill have rub with my stock 18s so nothing in the front. But know that some wheels wont fit with spacers (smaller sizes some 16s-15s) and some rims that require adaptors, vettes, twists, etc. Plus youll need newly sized lugs to run the distance of the spacer/adaptor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.