Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

07 Jetta ECU replacement help MKV 2.5 std 5 speed

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Skimmer0220 
#1 ·
I jsut purchased this car for $600. It has 200K on it. I was told that the ECU was bad by the person I purchased it from I know him and the mechanic and trust them both. They both know that I do all of my own work on cars. I hate taking it to a shop. I want to swap out my ECU with a used one. I get that the numbers on the ECU must match exactly. I read somewhere that I would also need to replace the instrument cluster as well and that I would then have to either swap out the RFID chip with the matching one or take it to VW to have the used ECU reprogrammed to work with the RFID chip in my keys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can swap everything out. I just can't program it because I don't have the tools or the know how. If I can purchase the equipment to do it myself for less than it would cost to have it done, I am willing to go through the paces. There is nothing I can't figure out. I just want to put out as little money as possible and have a working car.

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.