VW Jetta MKIII/MK3: Kinetic Motorsport's VR6 turbokit....|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinetic Motorsport's VR6 turbokit....

Question Kinetic Motorsport's VR6 turbokit....

Well, i'm tired of playing around while in N/A form already and i'm seriously considering getting the Kinetic motorsport turbokit for my 99' Jetta VR6... I was thinking of getting the Stage 1 package because it's cheaper, but it doesn't come with an Intercooler!!! So you gota pay an $1k in order to get the FMIC kit added... I'd probably end up paying the extra dough to get the Stage 2 kit, gota somehow make the VR6 run colder, thing runs pretty hot in N/A form...... Anyways, what do you guys think about doing the turbo setup? Anyone have any personal experince trbo-ing their VR6s??

Heres the link to check out the turbo setup...
    http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/cat..._VR6-99-1.html

And , will I need some sort of tune or can i run the turbo setup un-tuned?? I also want to get the NEUSPEED chip upgrade and i was wondering if it was possible to get one that will run really rich for the turbo instead of for a N/A, or if i should just get an aftermarket piggy-back system?
    1999 Jetta VR6
    -Sportline springs
    -SDP intake
    -Resonator Delete (Exhaust)
    -Royal Purple Synthetic
    Coming soon
    -Kinetic Motorsport Stage2 TurboKit

Default Re: Kinetic Motorsport's VR6 turbokit....

OK !!! THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU IS DONT MESS WITH THE EPROM C2MOTORSPORTS ALL RADY SUPPLY'S IT SO DONT THINK ABAUT NEWSPEED STUF IF YOU REALY WHANT TO HAVE A SAFE RELIABLE PROFORMENCE THE STAGE 3 IS YOUR BEST BET JUST BECAUSE OF TUNABILITY AND YOU GET THE LOW C/R HEAD GASKET!!! IN THE OTHER HAND IF YOU ARE GOING WITH FORCED INDUCCION YOU SHOULD CONSIDER A BASIC REBUILD THUS,PISTON RINGS,ROD BEARINGS, CRANCK BEARINGS,AND A BASIC HEAD JOB !!! IN THIS MANER YOU ELIMINATE THA MAJORATY OF WEEK LINKS ALL IN ALL YOU ARE LOOKING AT $5K TOPS BUT BELIVE MI IT SEEMS EXPENSIVE NOW BUT YOUL SAVE A BUNDLE IN THE LONG RUN A HAVE 1234mi. ON MY KIT AND GOING STRONG OFFCORSE THERES A LOT THAT CAN GO RONG BUT ITS YOU SAFEST BET IN THE OTHER SIDE YOU CAN SAVE A LOT BY DUING IT YOUR SELF.. I DID AND I DONT REGRAD IT !!! GOOD LUCK AND DONT GIVE UP !!!! I DIDNT KNOW EANITHING ABAUT ENGINES WHEN I STARTED I BOUGHT THE BENTLEY MANUAL AND TUK FROM THERE !!! P.S EXCUSE MY SPELLING .

+ Reply to Thread