Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

2016 Volkswagen Jetta S Review

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  autoguide.com 
#1 ·

Measuring in at 183.3-inches in length, the Jetta is one of the largest compact cars on the market. Only the Dodge Dart is longer. This means besides a big backseat, there is also 15.7 cubic feet of cargo space – more than a Toyota Camry. There’s enough room in there for things like my stroller, pack and play, bouncy chair and a dozen or so of my favorite stuffed animal friends. The large, squared-off rear door openings are also great, allowing my car seat to be put in and out without bumping it off the door frame.

Since the sixth-generation Jetta was introduced, there have been continued tweaks made to the car. I hear it once had two naturally aspirated, gas guzzling engines and a solid rear axle. Well, as of 2016, they’re all gone.

This year, there’s a new base engine in the Jetta and it’s all my daddy keeps talking about. Measuring in at 1.4-liters, the turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 150 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. That’s an increase of 35 hp and 59 lb-ft of torque compared to last year’s 2.0-liter, 8-valve base engine. In fact, after a bit of searching on kiddle, I found that the new 1.4-liter turbo makes as much torque as the Jetta’s upgraded 1.8-liter turbocharged engine.

There may not be a lot of power in the lowest rpms, but the 1.4 turbo comes alive once the revs build past 2,000 rpm. I can really feel it from the backseat and giggle every time the car speeds away – encouragement mommy says daddy doesn’t need. Power is available at any speed, even those reserved for freeway cruising. But daddy says the biggest improvement for the engine is how smooth and refined it feels compared to the old one.
Read more about the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta S Review at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.